No announcement yet.

Fasting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF are toxins? It's just another word like 'aura' or 'biofield' to me, a word with no particular meaning that some New Age hippies turned salesmen use to scare you into buying their crackpot science goods.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

What I've read fasting for detoxification you should do these things.

1) Never fast for more than 3 days

2) Only juice fast, not water fasting

3) Also take a laxative to help you have bowel movements

4) Prepare your body for the fasting by changing your diet slowly

I would maybe try it for a day and see how that goes.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

"Fasting for detoxification?" You sound like a frigging Scientologist. You need to upstat your purification rundown or risk R2-45.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I'm not familiar with your religious hooey.

Comment

Under your "used up" theory, what really would make the critical difference between a 40 year old in 100BC and a 45 year old? Why not bar anyone above 25 from joining?
            "used up"? What does that have to do with anything, they may have never served up to that point. If you want the specific rational for using 45 instead of 40 you will have to ask the Romans, but note that every modern military also has age limits for various reasons.
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos

"used up"? What does that have to do with anything, they may have never served up to that point. If you want the specific rational for using 45 instead of 40 you will have to ask the Romans, but note that every modern military also has age limits for various reasons.
              Maybe you forget that the point of this "argument" is the previously made claim that few people lived past 30. So what modern militaries do is sort of irrelevant.

This is moot by now anyways, as that "argument" is past.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Blake

I don't think you quite understand this celibacy thing . Then again a lot of people probably don't .
                This is a computer gaming site. I think a lot of understand celibacy. Just not voluntary celibacy.
                Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Vader

This is a computer gaming site. I think a lot of understand celibacy. Just not voluntary celibacy.
                  "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Vader

I volunteered for celibacy once. It's called the Navy

Comment

• Navy has a lot of gay sex going on, I think to be promoted you need to have gay sex in the navy. It is awful from what I can tell, gay sex going on all around the ship it is a wonder it doesn't sink?

Comment

• Originally posted by onodera
                        WTF are toxins? It's just another word like 'aura' or 'biofield' to me, a word with no particular meaning that some New Age hippies turned salesmen use to scare you into buying their crackpot science goods.
                        Tese are nothing magical or mystical. Simply stated toxins are impurities or even poisons, i.e. chemicals which are not good for you.

Your body is a series of complex chemical reactions. These produce all kinds of things which are not good for you. Plus, sometime the foods we eat, the water we drink, are not pure.

Most of this gunk is peed out, breathed out, excreted through the skin, etc. But some gets shovelled into odd corners of the body.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf
                          Navy has a lot of gay sex going on, I think to be promoted you need to have gay sex in the navy. It is awful from what I can tell, gay sex going on all around the ship it is a wonder it doesn't sink?
                          Send Gonzales away and bring back that other guy. He was just on vacation right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zkribbler

Tese are nothing magical or mystical. Simply stated toxins are impurities or even poisons, i.e. chemicals which are not good for you.

Your body is a series of complex chemical reactions. These produce all kinds of things which are not good for you. Plus, sometime the foods we eat, the water we drink, are not pure.

Most of this gunk is peed out, breathed out, excreted through the skin, etc. But some gets shovelled into odd corners of the body.
                            Chemicals that are not good for me? Sulphuric acid is one, I guess. And methanol. I don't think you can classify them as toxins.
                            I know botulin is a deadly toxin, though some people stick it into their faces.
                            Toxin is a very liberally used word.
                            In the context of alternative medicine the term is often used nonspecifically to refer to any substance claimed to cause ill health, ranging anywhere from trace amounts of pesticides to common food items like refined sugar or additives like artificial sweeteners and MSG.
                            Graffiti in a public toilet
                            Do not require skill or wit
                            Among the **** we all are poets
                            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Used to push bogus alternative health garbage.

As for fasting -- I agree that it's pleasant to have a very empty stomach for certain activities. I most enjoy exercising and sex after at least a four hour fast. Sometimes it even feels good not to eat anything for most of a day. But to claim fasting has magical toxin purging effects is silly.
                              The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Chemicals that are not good for me? Sulphuric acid is one, I guess. And methanol. I don't think you can classify them as toxins.
                                I know botulin is a deadly toxin, though some people stick it into their faces.
                                And still meaningful.

Hmm, Toxins, like mercury and lead, both of which you can easily ingest. Or a susbstance like Nicotine, which can be found in Eggplants.

And then of course there are substances you inhale from tobacco smoke or vehicle exhaust.
                                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                                X