Fasting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fasting

I'm starting to eat healthier now, after abusing my body in many ways over my lifetime.

While reading up on detoxifying the body I cam across some information on fasting, and it said that fasting can rid the body of many kinds of unwanted cells and tissues such as boils. I remember having boils and I looked up a lot of stuff on treating them, but didn't come across fasting at the time.

Can anyone verify that fasting can do things like cure boils?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Fasting

Slowing

Sloww
    Blah

Comment

Gladiator
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Fisting

Comment

Re: Fasting

Originally posted by Kidicious
          I'm starting to eat healthier now, after abusing my body in many ways over my lifetime.

While reading up on detoxifying the body I cam across some information on fasting, and it said that fasting can rid the body of many kinds of unwanted cells and tissues such as boils. I remember having boils and I looked up a lot of stuff on treating them, but didn't come across fasting at the time.

Can anyone verify that fasting can do things like cure boils?
          I'd recommend consulting with a competent natural health practitioner before undergoing any serious cleansing program. Detoxifying too quickly places a very heavy strain on your system and can overload the liver and kidneys.

I would suggest staying away from outright fasting and stick to eating healthy and exercising regularly, at least to begin with. Fasting can be effective in helping the body get rid of toxins but it should really be done under competent supervision otherwise you run the risk of doing more harm than good.
          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
            Fisting
            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Re: Re: Fasting

Originally posted by Thoth

I'd recommend consulting with a competent natural health practitioner before undergoing any serious cleansing program. Detoxifying too quickly places a very heavy strain on your system and can overload the liver and kidneys.

I would suggest staying away from outright fasting and stick to eating healthy and exercising regularly, at least to begin with. Fasting can be effective in helping the body get rid of toxins but it should really be done under competent supervision otherwise you run the risk of doing more harm than good.
              Ok, so it's probably not a good idea for someone to use to treat a boil if they have a very toxic system, which is probably the case. Right?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Fasting

Originally posted by Kidicious

Ok, so it's probably not a good idea for someone to use to treat a boil if they have a very toxic system, which is probably the case. Right?
                Correct.
                Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

I'm not really sold on the idea of weird diets, for any purpose.

Just eat a good and varied Vegan diet (remember diary and eggs are some of the worst foods out!!!! a lot of people suffer from chronic mild suffering like headaches from consuming them, just assuming this is normal!!!), if you wont go Vegan, just greatly reduce egg and diary, and reduce meat intact as much as you are able, and eat fresh and eat wholegrains, yeah.

I only eat between dawn and noon, so I almost fast every day. It's actually very nice, but highly difficult to do with an untrained mind. I tried once before and absolutely couldn't, I went mad with hunger, but after a bit more Buddhist practise I could easily fast for 20 hours without a tinge of discomfort. It's now more a matter of "Why not?" rather than "why?". I have more energy and time by eating less.

Well, when I said "Weird" diets, I mainly mean disruptive rather than "other than the norm". You should just stick to a regular and balanced routine which works well for you.

Comment

It's now more a matter of "Why not?" rather than "why?". I have more energy and time by eating less.
                    This is all horse crap. This results in a scrawny weakling who runs the risk of fatal collapse.

While fasting for a day or two is rarely a problem if you are healthy, "it can be quite dangerous if you are not already eating a healthy diet, or if you've got liver or kidney problems, any kind of compromised immune system functioning, or are on medication -- even Tylenol," says Fuhrman, a family physician in Flemington, N.J..
                    "Your body is a very efficient machine and is designed to handle a fast quite well," says Patton. If you do a complete fast (only water), your body first uses the tiny amount of glucose (sugar) you have running through your bloodstream for energy. When this is gone, the lack of food forces the liver to use a small amount of its glycogen (stored glucose).

The brain, vital organs and other body functions still need to find another source of glucose to operate when the liver's available glycogen is used up. Luckily, our bodies have the amazing ability to convert proteins (from muscles) into glucose so we can survive.

Regrettably, we lose valuable muscle (especially if you're body is not in a complete resting state).
                    "No scientific evidence exists that fasting has any benefits for the body. In fact, a body that is starved or depleted would not be as effective or efficient at eliminating offending substances," says Dr. Peter Pressman, assistant professor of clinical medicine at the University of Southern California.

Fasting and "cleansing" programs can create a host of medical problems, including damage to your gastrointestinal tract, nutrient malabsorption, impaired liver function, anemia, kidney stones and hypoglycemia. Repeated laxative use and "repetitive colonics lead to dependence on external laxatives, disturbing the body's natural ability to do it itself," explains Pressman.

Gaining body fat is yet another possible hazard of fasting. "When you stop fasting, the first thing your body wants to do is nourish and refeed. Your body is afraid it's going to starve again, so it will crave high calorie foods — that's why this is the most important phase. If you eat the same unhealthy foods you had before the fast, you will gain fat," says Patton.
                    And everyone knows eggs and fat and meat are good only in moderation, this is not knowledge only Buddhists are privy to.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
                      remember diary and eggs are some of the worst foods out
                      WTF?

Source?

Originally posted by Blake
                      I only eat between dawn and noon
                      This is not healthy.
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Well I want to detoxify my system and see if that gives me more energy. That's why I can across the information on fasting. I'm not interested in cutting out meat on a normal basis.

Comment

All of you are weak. I absorb my daily energy requirements through photosynthesis.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                            remember diary and eggs are some of the worst foods out
                            WTF?

Source?
                            Personal experience, plus reason.
                            Even as someone who isn't known to be allergic to anything, I find I get a mild headache or mental fogginess after consuming a egg/diary rich product. This has been verified in both directions, when I quit egg/diary and when I started again (because when I live with other people I eat what they eat).

Bear in mind I never attributed these mild aches to diet, I just thought they were a part of life and everyone experienced them.

The reasoning is like this:
                            Eggs and diary are baby food. So I don't mean that diary is bad for baby cows - it's great for baby cows. Put putting it in an adult human, is like putting rocket fuel in your car. Just because it's higher energy, doesn't mean it makes the body work better !

This is not healthy.
                            I like the saying "Health isn't a science"
                            Do you feel invigorated and clear-headed. Are you free of sickness? Are you fully capable of performing physically in every aspect of life?

If so, your diet is healthy. Regardless of what the science says. (It is required to take some care with certain nutrients which are stored in the body for a long time and consumed only slowly, so a lacking of them isn't obvious - but B12 is the only which comes to mind)

In any case, I would say that in Paleolithic times, it would have been not at all unusual for people to only eat once a day, or even go for 2-3 days without eating. Like they eat for a few days when they have a good kill, then go hungry for a few days.

There is a difference between "deviates from norm" and "wrong". There can be a wide spectrum of right, or the majority could be wrong!

I do tend to think that forcing yourself to do anything which makes you feel miserable, is unhealthy.

Comment

Eggs

Comment

Working...
                              X