Prince Harry is WHERE?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DinoDoc
    If you are going to whine about Eurotrash not holding up their end of the Alliance, there are far better countries to point the finger at Wigster.
    Britain is doing all it can in Afghanistan. It's sad, but it's good of them to do it. The problem is calling this princely playboy a hero for doing this, considering how few British troops have been harmed over there.

Comment

The US has 17900 troops in Afghanistan, so that's 2 and a bit more with a population about 4 times that of the UK.

Now the US casualty percentage is higher (i've seen sources for 489), but I am guessing a lot of those happened in the early stages when the UK did not have sole responsibility for the most volatile region in the country.

Harry doesn't want to be a hero, I don't think he wants to be a prince either. He's a fairly basic young man who just wants to serve with his comerades in the army.

Comment

Originally posted by lightblue
        Harry doesn't want to be a hero, I don't think he wants to be a prince either.
        Has he renounced his place in the line of succession?

...Didn't think so.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH

The newsrag, New Idea, broke the voluntary embargo of where the prince was stationed.
          For the record, New Idea is one of those abominable women's magazines obsessed with the latest celebrity drama, and is published in Australia.

Prince Harry Goes to War in Afghanistan
          Jan 07 04:33pm

Prince Harry has joined his regiment on a covert mission to Afghanistan and his unit has already seen front line action.

Not seen in public since the middle of December, New Idea can exclusively reveal that despite opposition from senior members of the British government and the royal family itself, Harry now joins his uncle Prince Andrew as a royal who has been to war.

'At first there was a lot of resistance' said a friend 'but Harry threatened to resign his commission and serve as a private if he was kept from the battlefield - and that proved to be the final straw'.

Full details on this breaking story in this week's New Idea
          The publisher seems to have pulled the stories from their website in the uproar, but Google's cache knows better...

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
            Look, Harry is probably there to take a stash of the drugs back home on the cheap.
            He certainly seems exempt from military haircuts. If you want to blend in with your fellow soldiers Harry may I suggest a trim?
            Attached Files
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

God damned hippy.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Kids today.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Whose DL is Wiglaf anyway? I must have missed that memo.

Comment

You will be surprised when you find out.

Comment

It's Elok, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                        You will be surprised when you find out.
                        He's Ming in disguise
                        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth

He's Ming in disguise
                          He's the 8th, vestigial head.........

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                            It's Elok, isn't it?
                            ...try as I might, I cannot think of a punishment vicious enough to exact a just price from you for making that statement. But being sodomized by dremels comes to mind. Fortunately for you you're on the other side of the ocean. Also, I'm a puny little man IRL.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                            X