No announcement yet.

Proof the Japanese are Weird.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new Japanese game where you pay to try to catch live lobsters.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

But what happens if you don’t get any (lobster) tail? Don’t worry! There’s plenty of weird, delicious snacks available in downtown Osaka. The city is famous for tako-yaki, or roasted octopus balls.

Rubbery bits of chopped octopus tentacles are mixed with a flour batter and roasted in a golf-ball-sized fry pan, and then smothered in barbecue sauce, fish flakes and seaweed dust. It will set you back only 600 yen, and it goes down great with a lime or mango slushee.

Don’t laugh: this fast food snack is every bit as legit and popular in Osaka, as a Philly Cheesesteak or a New York hot dog are in their own hometowns. And it tastes way better than it sounds. If I had some fresh octopus in the fridge and bonito flakes in the cupboard, I’d be tempted to fry some up right now!

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I swear to God, the entire Japanese gene pool must have been mutated because of Hiroshima/Nagasaki. I know that's bad, but it's the only thing I can think of to explain the wierd **** that comes out of Japan.

Comment

I am glad the Japanese girl left as I bet she would feel bad.

She felt bad when I said that the Japanese were weird. I don't think I have seen her post since.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
            I am glad the Japanese girl left as I bet she would feel bad.

She felt bad when I said that the Japanese were weird. I don't think I have seen her post since.

JM
            JM scaring away hot Japanese girls.
            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus

JM scaring away hot Japanese girls.
              Fixed.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                .... roasted octopus balls.
                ...and I thought mountain oysters were bad.

Comment

I'd exchange any number of Canadian posters on this board for one single Japanese poster

Comment

We had itokugawa some years ago (8, to be exact).
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                      The city is famous for tako-yaki, or roasted octopus balls.

My wife and kids actually like to eat the stuff!
                      PHOENIXCAGER
                      The Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Working...
                      X