No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly.

It is, I must say, slightly better than advertising a movie with the line, "From the people who brought you Bio Dome and Dude, Where's My Car?"

Slightly.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

FOr the record, I was home sick one day and watched DUDE, where's my car, and while it was awful, it was no where near as bad as I thought it would be. It's all about expectations.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Eh, Independence Day was watchable, just really, really stupid. This looks like it's well ahead of ID on the stupid scale though. The mammoths and saber-tooth tigers might have existed in 10K BC; the somewhat advanced civilization from the latter half of the preview I saw most emphatically did NOT. WTF is this, Stargate? Or was that supposed to be Atlantis?
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Independence Day was watchable, just really, really stupid
            And it had Will Smith, which generally helps.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Dude, Where's My Car was awesome
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                Mammoths existed in 1700 AD.

JM
                While not a mammoth the last of the aurocks (sp) was hunted in the forests of Poland in the 1700s.
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I was going to complain about the lack of comma in 10,000BC, but then I realised I didn't care that much.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I just saw it and didn't like it. I saw Apocalypto a few days back and thought it was rather good.

10kBC just didn't work for me. The bad guys aren't scary, the good guys aren't cool and the plot is unconvincing.

There are some very good computer animations in it, stampeding mamoths and the like. But that's the only well done thing in the movie.

Comment

There were Mammoths in 1700AD... and even in the past few decades! We may even find more in the future!

... dead ones, frozen in ice ...

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re: Re: 10000

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                                "From the people who brought you Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow" was all I needed to hear to decide this isn't gonna be watchable.
                                From what I hear, it's not supposed to be as good.

Comment

Working...
                                X