X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well done, übersoldats!

By Linda Sieg
    Feb 10, 2008

TOKYO (Reuters) - A U.S. Marine was arrested on suspicion of raping a 14-year-old Japanese girl in the southern Japanese prefecture of Okinawa, police said on Monday, an incident that could strain ties between the two security allies.

A spokesman for the Okinawa Prefecture police said the 38-year-old Marine, based at Camp Courtney on the island, was suspected of raping the schoolgirl on Sunday and that the two were in a car at the time.
    Further details were under investigation, he added.

Kyodo news agency, quoting police, said the marine had denied raping the girl, saying he had only got on top of her and kissed her.

Japan is home to some 50,000 U.S. troops, the bulk of them in Okinawa, where many residents have long resented bearing what they see as an unfair burden for maintaining the U.S.-Japan security alliance, a pillar of Japan's post-war diplomacy.

"If this is a crime committed by a member of the U.S. military, it is extremely regrettable and we urge you to maintain strict discipline and prevent a recurrence," a Foreign Ministry statement quoted a ministry official as telling a diplomat at the U.S. embassy.

The U.S. Marine Corps in Japan said in an e-mailed statement that it was fully cooperating with the Okinawa police.

"The Marine Corps takes this allegation very seriously," the statement said.

U.S. military bases in Japan have long caused complaints from local residents about crime, noise and accidents and in 1995, the rape of a 12-year-old Japanese schoolgirl by three U.S. servicemen sparked huge protests in Okinawa.

U.S. military officials were not immediately available for comment. A spokesman for the U.S. embassy in Japan said he was aware that an incident was under investigation.

"We really don't have enough facts to draw any conclusions," the spokesman added.

The incident comes as Japan's government tries to persuade Okinawa residents to accept a plan to relocate U.S. Marine Corps Futenma Air Station from the densely populated central Okinawa city of Ginowan to the coastal city of Nago.

Keep up the great work!
    Last edited by Serb; February 23, 2008, 12:09.

U.S. military bases in Japan have long caused complaints from local residents about crime, noise and accidents and in 1995, the rape of a 12-year-old Japanese schoolgirl by three U.S. servicemen sparked huge protests in Okinawa.
    I don't know why, but I doubt that this "hero" got what he deserved (at least a life sentence).

Comment

It's an incident, certainly not US policy.

1/10

Comment

3/10. Not bad!
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

A human being did something bad. What a surprise!
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
            It's an incident,
            Nope, it's not a single incident, but a systematic rape of the international law.

Have a nice day, while you still can.
            Last edited by Serb; February 22, 2008, 15:48.

Comment

If it is the recent incident I heard of then the marine kissed a 14 year old girl. It's wrong but any where but Japan it wouldn't be rape but since the Japanese are bat**** insane it is considered rape.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                A human being did something bad. What a surprise!
                The question is - did he get a punishment for his crime?

Comment

Now if the Russians could only stop raping and murdering their own draftees. What goes through your heads you sick ****s?

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    If it is the recent incident I heard of then the marine kissed a 14 year old girl. It's wrong but any where but Japan it wouldn't be rape but since the Japanese are bat**** insane it is considered rape.
                    Oh, yeah, whenever a US marine says that he had only got on top of her and kissed her - he surely speaks the truth (he is an American citizen and can't lie by definition!).

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                      3/10. Not bad!
                      Now if the Russians could only stop raping and murdering their own draftees. What goes through your heads you sick ****s?
                      Hey, Az, you think it's only 3/10?

Looks like somebody is pretty pissed off.

Comment

Naw, I just thought turn around is fair play. Thought I'd see if you'd flip out if I reverse trolled you.

Comment

Naw, I just thought turn around is fair play.
                          It was never considered as fair play whenever I did the same.

Comment

Yes, but your Russian so you should be used to getting the short end of the stick.

Comment

What do you want to proof? That Americans are humans and can be asses? Well done.
                              "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                              "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Working...
                              X