Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you know a cool airplane-related song?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fine Immy! You're still a poo poo head
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Wake up! (Miss Venezuela) from the same album is a good song.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

You are such a lyrics Nazi, Imran.

"Jet Airliner" - Steve Miller
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Talking Heads' "Big Country" (from More Songs about Buildings and Food) is a song narrated by a guy on an airplane, looking down on middle America and being glad he doesn't live there; it ends with him saying he just wishes he would get where he's going already. It may not fit your theme exactly, but it's a great song.
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

How about "Spanish Bombs"? He mentions DC-10. It's by The Clash, an influential 1960s pop-funk band.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              It's by The Clash, an influential 1960s pop-funk band.
              The Clash recorded from the mid-70s to the mid-80s, and were generally considered a punk band with reggae/ska influences (though they occasionally did poppy stuff like "Train in Vain" and "Rock the Casbah").

This has been another "Musical Moment" with Grandpa Firefly. Now back to our discussion...
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
                .... I'm looking for something to stress a new beginning of some kind ...
                "Over the Rainbow" -- or is that too schlocky

Your song is about leaving Copenhagen for a new beginning. If it's about a new beginning, we don't need to know where you're coming from but rather to where you're going:

"It Never Rains in Sunny California" if you're coming here.
                "God Blessed Texas" if you're on the way to see Sloww.
                "Georgia On My Mind" if you're off to see Imran.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                  The Clash recorded from the mid-70s to the mid-80s, and were generally considered a punk band with reggae/ska influences (though they occasionally did poppy stuff like "Train in Vain" and "Rock the Casbah").

This has been another "Musical Moment" with Grandpa Firefly. Now back to our discussion...
                  And DC-10s didn't exist in the 1960s either.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    You are such a lyrics Nazi, Imran.

"Jet Airliner" - Steve Miller
                    How about a post reading Nazi .

Read the OP, Slow.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

And DC-10s didn't exist in the 1960s either.

Hey, I'm a 70s-music geek, not an airplane geek.

Comment

he Beach Boys - "The Airplane Song" - 1969
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love

Comment

This flight tonight - Nazareth
                            What?

Comment

"Yes, we have no bananas" comes to mind, but that one is half Norwegian, half English and just a funny 80s song that doesn't fit your criteria I think.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Imran will let you know if it doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X