Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you know a cool airplane-related song?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know a cool airplane-related song?

Hi everybody,

I thought I'd ask you guys for suggestions to what is a soundtrack of sorts.

The theme I'm working with is 'I'm getting on this airplane now and leaving it all'. So that means stuff like 'Come Fly With Me' by Sinatra is not really what I'm looking for, even if it's a nice song.

(Edit: On second thought, Come Fly With Me might not be so far off. Let's not get hung up on definitions anyway and just have some fun.)

Don't worry, I'm still okay with Copenhagen and all, you don't have to come and evacuate me (but if you do, bring beer). I just think it's a great theme for a rock and roll song.

Some notable ones:

Fly by Night, Rush
    Going to California, Led Zep
    Night Flight, also Led Zep
    Jet Airliner, Steve Miller Band

But I'm sure there would be others that I don't know or didn't think about. Any ideas would be appreciated.

The Letter by the Box Tops is the classic...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
      The Letter by the Box Tops is the classic...
      From the lyrics, I can absolutely tell I've heard that one before, it might have been in a Scandinavian Airlines commercial. It's going in for sure.

Thanks! And additional thumbs up for the speedy reply.

Comment

Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines
        (they go up, diddy-up-up; they go down, diddy-down-down)

Comment

It's a very popular song from back in the day ... replayed on pretty much any oldies station that covers the time period I'd expect I loved that song as a young lad ...

Comment

How about Leaving on A Jetplane from the 60's or early 70's.
            Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
            Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
            Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
            You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
              How about Leaving on A Jetplane from the 60's or early 70's.
              Yes indeed

Comment

Leaving on a Jet Plane doesn't fit the theme that Monk wants.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Re: Do you know a cool airplane-related song?

Originally posted by Monk
                  The theme I'm working with is 'I'm getting on this airplane now and leaving it all'.
                  What's the emotion? Bittersweet? F*itAll? Off to a new world?

I'm thinking of Shel Silverstein's:

This is the last time,
                  I wake up in this dirty city,
                  And try and shave a face
                  I don't even recognize...

Comment

It's doesn't.....hmmmmm he's getting on a plane and leaving it all?!? Leaving on a Jetplane? HElLOOOooooo Schmooooooooie
                    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

It's doesn't.....hmmmmm he's getting on a plane and leaving it all?!? Leaving on a Jetplane? HElLOOOooooo Schmooooooooie
                      Imran (hi, Imran!) is actually right, but I'll happily take all the blame for not being precise enough in my original post. I'm looking for something to stress a new beginning of some kind, whereas LoaJP's focus is the girl you've left behind.

Still appreciate the input, though. That goes for Zkribbler too, thanks.

Comment

Doesn't really fit, but nonetheless it uses the words airline plane:

Airline to Heaven music by wilco/billy bragg lyrics by woody guthrie.

Comment

Read the lyrics. He's saying goodbye to his girl, but HE WANTS TO COME BACK! He doesn't know when, but he hopes he can return. So he isn't leaving it all, because he'll always have her and hopes that she'll be waiting for him:

So kiss me and smile for me
                          Tell me that youll wait for me
                          Hold me like youll never let me go
                          cause Im leavin on a jet plane
                          Dont know when Ill be back again
                          Oh babe, I hate to go

And Hi Monk!
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

nm
                            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

airplane? song? I know it is not exactly what you asked for, but I can´t help but to say: Iron Maiden´s ACES HIGH!
                              Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Working...
                              X