New flag for Kosovo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New flag for Kosovo

Kosovo will declare independence soon and it needs a flag.

The Kosovo Albanians have been using the flag of Albania and the Kosovo Serbs the flag of Serbia, but the government wants the new independent state to have a new ethnically cleansed flag.

There was a competition with 1000 or so entries. These three designs are still in the running, awaiting a decision of the Kosovan parliament.

Bigger versions and more information here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Kosovo

And here: http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/0208/p25s04-woeu.html
    And here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080206/...ependence_dc_1

Vote.
    Map & Stars
    14.71%
    Tricolor
    14.71%
    Tricolor w/spiral
    61.76%
    Banana banner
    8.82%

I'm voting for the spiral.

The map with stars is too hard for kids to draw, and schoolkids need something to doodle when their goofing off.

The tricolor could be confused with too many other European flags.

Comment

How about an image of a pimp, a heroin dealer and an arms-smuggler?

Comment

Or this:

Comment

Definitely the spiral.

Flags with maps on them are bleh IMO, and the tricolor with nothing looks like a bazillion other flags.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
            I'm voting for the spiral.

The map with stars is too hard for kids to draw, and schoolkids need something to doodle when their goofing off.

The tricolor could be confused with too many other European flags.
            I tend to agree - the map with stars is too complex plus it looks too much like the EU flag and putting the country's map on the flag is extremely retarded (sorry Cyprus).

I like the plain tricolor but I voted for the spiral flag. Grand old nations like France and Russia have simple tricolors while smaller countries like neighboring Serbia have all sorts of things on their flags. Since Kosovo is tiny adding that weird spiral thing makes sense.

Comment

Map & Stars
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Tricolours with cool symbols in teh middle
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

or maybe just this

Comment

Close.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

if theyre so nasty why do the Serbs want them back?
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

if theyre so nasty why do the Serbs want them back?
                        Because they are their pimps, a heroin dealers and an arms-smugglers?
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I think they should go for the flag with the spiral. They can use it to hypnotize other countries into giving them stuff!
                          "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

tricolor with spiral

Comment

They should use this one
                              Attached Files
                              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                              X