Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think will become president of the united states?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Registered Voters, IIRC.
    Brains. I needs em.
    The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
      With a national primary, we'd be electing the two richest candidate: Romney and Clinton.
      I fail to see the problem.

Comment

Guiliani would have had more of a chance...

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          I fail to see the problem.
          QFT

But, I think it would have been McCain and Clinton, actually, as Romney didn't do all that well in either Iowa or New Hampshire.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I think we should skip the primary season entirely and just replace Super Tuesday with election day. In this way anyone can run, and there would not be much time for the rich to buy ad space because seriously, who the hell would want to listen to their political ads like every 2 years? This would be a better system because primaries are a distraction during football season as well. Also, we'd have a president almost a year before he'd need to take office, which gives him time to move in to the White House (this was a problem in 2000 as Gore tried moving in, then when Bush won he had to remove all of Gore's crap and Gore was homeless for a day or two when he suddenly lost at the Supreme Court)

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
              I think we should skip the primary season entirely and just replace Super Tuesday with election day. In this way anyone can run, and there would not be much time for the rich to buy ad space because seriously, who the hell would want to listen to their political ads like every 2 years? This would be a better system because primaries are a distraction during football season as well.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

OH GOD NO!!!!! I AGREE WITH WIGLAF!!!!!!
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Wiglaf

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                    I think we should skip the primary season entirely and just replace Super Tuesday with election day. In this way anyone can run, and there would not be much time for the rich to buy ad space because seriously, who the hell would want to listen to their political ads like every 2 years? This would be a better system because primaries are a distraction during football season as well. Also, we'd have a president almost a year before he'd need to take office, which gives him time to move in to the White House (this was a problem in 2000 as Gore tried moving in, then when Bush won he had to remove all of Gore's crap and Gore was homeless for a day or two when he suddenly lost at the Supreme Court)
                    Did Wiggie just destroy the raison d'etre of political parties??

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
                      I'll third OFITG's remarks.
                      I notice that not one of you has a U.S. flag...of course, neither do I, but I'm guessing you're all furriners? I doubt Hillary could beat McCain, she has too much of a reputation as a lesbian baby-eater and is the only person in the race more hated by the radical right than McCain. She'd stir up a lot of Republicans who couldn't stand to vote for McCain otherwise, and would gladly have stayed home on election day.

Obama's actually rather liked by many GOP types, if the polls can be believed; supposedly, they like the idea of a non-angry black politician who they can vote for and feel un-racist while not risking some crazy **** like reparations for slavery. Personally, I suspect it also has a lot to do with his ability to make rousing optimistic speeches. As Reagan showed us, you don't have to represent small government, fiscal responsibility or anything else to win over the GOP. All you need to do is smile big for the camera and talk big. Hell, W won with his clumsy imitation of homespun wisdom and he's an obvious buffoon. Obama appears to have an actual brain. It might be interesting.

On the other hand, them Dems is powerful good at losing.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                        Did Wiggie just destroy the raison d'etre of political parties??
                        Are you referring to the money-channeling aspect or the part where old people can get together and drink like frat-boys under the guise of "conventions"?
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I was talking about the part where parties get to choose who their candidate will be.

Don't blame me. Jefferson started it.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                            I notice that not one of you has a U.S. flag...of course, neither do I, but I'm guessing you're all furriners? I doubt Hillary could beat McCain, she has too much of a reputation as a lesbian baby-eater and is the only person in the race more hated by the radical right than McCain. She'd stir up a lot of Republicans who couldn't stand to vote for McCain otherwise, and would gladly have stayed home on election day.

Obama's actually rather liked by many GOP types, if the polls can be believed; supposedly, they like the idea of a non-angry black politician who they can vote for and feel un-racist while not risking some crazy **** like reparations for slavery. Personally, I suspect it also has a lot to do with his ability to make rousing optimistic speeches. As Reagan showed us, you don't have to represent small government, fiscal responsibility or anything else to win over the GOP. All you need to do is smile big for the camera and talk big. Hell, W won with his clumsy imitation of homespun wisdom and he's an obvious buffoon. Obama appears to have an actual brain. It might be interesting.
                            I certainly hope you are right, and Obama would be my choice if I had one. But I have my doubts, ...

On the other hand, them Dems is powerful good at losing.
                            ... this being one of the reasons.

Comment

Diebold.

Comment

I'll echo Sir Ralph - I'd love to be wrong about it. I just don't think I am.
                                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
                                X