No announcement yet.

80th Academy Awards - Nominations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instead of the Space Alien petrified skull thread. Check it out.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Here's a shocker: the Navy guy who nominated one of the documentaries was obviously gay.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Looks like a sweep for the Coens; well-deserved but still damn surprising.
        Unbelievable!

Comment

Coen Brothers

Always loved their work and am glad that they get to go hog wild at an Oscars. It helps when you are adapting a Cormac McCarthy novel .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Nice to see Bourne Ultimatum cop a couple minor awards (sound mixing, sound editing). Since I've seen so few of the movies, I can't judge the fairness of the selections, but I've always thought attention to technical detail was one of the strengths of the Bourne flicks.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I've been a fan of the Coens since I first saw Blood simple on its opening weekend. But I thought "No Country" was hugely over-rated. That doesn't mean it wasn't the best of the nominees; it may well have been (I haven't seen "There Will Be Blood" yet, but it's better than the others, certainly). Hard to begrudge them the award, but I don't get what teh collective critical orgasm was about; I mean, it's not like it was "The Big Lebowski" or anything.
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I did not at all like No country for old men..

Comment

Anybody seen the movie about Katyn? Didn't win "best foreign movie" though, but it is certainly on my "watch" list.
                  Blah

Comment

Working...
                  X