Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The original Star Trek, the crew had issues, Nimoy and Shatner..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Re: The original Star Trek, the crew had issues, Nimoy and Shatner..

Originally posted by Lancer
      Just finished watching Galaxy Quest for the gazillionth time, a spoof on Star Trek. They allude to some problems, and I'd heard decades ago that there were personal differences but never what they were. Anyone know?
      During Season One, Spock was emerging as the show's most interesting character. Some on the show and some fans thought Spock should be the main character. Some confusion was arising. Then Roddenberry called a meeting at which he said firmly, "Kirk is the main character." End of problem.

BTW: Shatner & Nimoy were born within a week of each other. Both are Ares.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
        Wesley Crusher
        huh

Wesley clearly wins the prize for the most annoying Star Trek character ever

The only possible consolation was the hope that his mother and Deanna troi would have a hot lesbien sex scene-- But alas-- The closest we came was Dr Crusher falling in love with a Trill that was then impalanted in a woman
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

While Wesley is pretty awful at least he leaves the Enterprise for good after a while. I think the worst was the Korean ensign in Voyager. I can't remember his name but always came off as a whiney and insecure loser. Actually, I think most of Voyager's crew sucked.

Comment

But alas he didn't leave through an airlock
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Wil Wheaton is a Surpisingly good sport about the Crusher-bashing.
              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral
                Well, Shatner was incredibly egotistical, and insisted that Kirk always be the one to save the day, and not other crew. However, they've all moved on, hence the star trek futurama episode.

Nimoy: "When I directed Star Trek 4, I got a magnificent performance out of Bill because I respected him so much."
                Shatner: "and when I directed Star Trek 5, I got a magnificent performance out of me because I respected myself so much."
                Welshie!!!
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Shatner did a book back in the 90s called Star Trek Memories where he interviewed his fellow cast mates. To his surprise most of them said he was an ass and they never liked him much.
                  "'Let there be light!' said God, and there was light.
                  'Let there be blood!' says man, and there's a sea!"

Comment

Working...
                  X