Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The original Star Trek, the crew had issues, Nimoy and Shatner..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The original Star Trek, the crew had issues, Nimoy and Shatner..

Just finished watching Galaxy Quest for the gazillionth time, a spoof on Star Trek. They allude to some problems, and I'd heard decades ago that there were personal differences but never what they were. Anyone know?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Well, Shatner was incredibly egotistical, and insisted that Kirk always be the one to save the day, and not other crew. However, they've all moved on, hence the star trek futurama episode.

Nimoy: "When I directed Star Trek 4, I got a magnificent performance out of Bill because I respected him so much."
    Shatner: "and when I directed Star Trek 5, I got a magnificent performance out of me because I respected myself so much."
    "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Shatner
      Sulu

Everyone else
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Did you just thumbs-down Spock?

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I think this calls for:

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
            Shatner
            Sulu

Everyone else
            You didn't like Scotty ????
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

We refer to our student society's building as the Shatner building even though it's officially called something like Brown.
              "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
              -Joan Robinson

Comment

Nimoy's most famous role is still "Beep... beep... beep...".

Comment

Denny Crane
                  APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                    Nimoy's most famous role is still "Beep... beep... beep...".
                    "Starring Leonard Nimoy as...The Pager"

Shatner was too high on himself and wanted to star every day, that was the extent of their problems? If I was in the crew I'd take the check and laugh all the way to the bank not giving one whisp of a care for that issue.
                    Last edited by Lancer; January 22, 2008, 19:41.
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Wesley Crusher
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                        Wesley Crusher getting thrown out of an airlock
                        Fixed.
                        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

People who don't like Spock:

People who like Wesley: no need to thumb them down cause they don't exist
                          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV

Wesley Crusher being decapitated by an angry Klingon.
                            Fixed.
                            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth

Fixed.
                              http://wesleydies.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X