A flag of Finland will be burned tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VetLegion

You registered in 2002 and you have 4 posts so far? Are you Pekka's opposite twin?
    yeah 4 mega posts

when you guys are burnig flag put in yuotube
    gowabunga!!!!!!

Comment

The flag was burned

But newspapers payed no attention at all to it, just very small article of 4 or 5 lines, and no pictures
      I need a foot massage

Comment

I ve found it!

Burn Evil evil Finland!!

In the second one it looks like the poor flag is trying to resist the fire
        I need a foot massage

Comment

maybe the people who burn flags are inefficient for a reason - because their idea of resistance is burning a flag. What good does it do if you have a cause? Nothing.

Just like in Germany, they are now boycoting Nokia, except Nokia just made a record results. Meaning that there's a huge German based ownership of Nokia, so they're mostly biting their own ancle. Not that they shouldn't protest, I mean I think they should. They just got screwed over and even though the boss man says they're sorry, that does very little and means nothing. If you're so sorry, then don't close it down?

But just made few points. If you're against these evil Finnish businesses, maybe you should figure out other ways than burning a flag to oppose them? Maybe you should realize that there is the other side of people who benefit from it, like in Germany, the stock owners are now very happy, and in Argentine, I mean you want jobs or not?

It's always a double edge sword, but mostly the rich benefit from these things locally, so maybe they should look at them and see what they can do about it. Me thinks it'll have a bigger chance of succeeding, if you direct your energy towards the folks that make the actual decisions.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Funny thing is that in Finland UPM is closing down it's pulp factory at Kemijärvi and people have been bitterly protesting against the closing decision.

Factory was just recently sold, and they will be doing different products from now on.. i think something like 1/3 of 1/2 of employees will get a job with new owner.

Comment

Is much labour involved in producing paper from wood pulp? What would be the reason Botnia expands overseas? Finland has plenty of quality forest (I hear). Shipping costs?

Comment

It takes only about 7 years to grow eucalyptus trees suitable for pulp production in Uruguay, which is a major advantage and labor costs are lower there as well. I'm not sure if they import pulp here and process it to paper or is it sold to other companies.

We've got lot of forests yep, but right now forest industries are complaining that owners don't want to sell it (cheap enough). There has also been difficulties in cutting down and transporting lumber because of warm winters in recent years... and Russia is rising it's taxes for timber, which will probably cease wood importing from there almost completely next year.

Comment

VetLegion, there's about million reasons to do that. In fact you should pick a good reason to do that here in Finland, it makes very little sense.

High employee costs (not salaries), unions can start to play politicians at any moment and strike their asses off for the fun of it or to just show they still got it, the location is wrong, you can't get much more wrong, as if you would sell paper, most fo your customers are not here but somewhere else so yes, shipping costs. SO why would you produce stuff in here, paying up your butt, having one of the highest risks for stoppage of production at any moment, where your customers even really aren't and... because you have ... responsibilities to... some state? No I don't think so.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                    Just like in Germany, they are now boycoting Nokia, except Nokia just made a record results. Meaning that there's a huge German based ownership of Nokia, so they're mostly biting their own ancle. Not that they shouldn't protest, I mean I think they should. They just got screwed over and even though the boss man says they're sorry, that does very little and means nothing. If you're so sorry, then don't close it down?
                    Nokia is now officially uncool in Krautland. I always find the protests and boycotts kinda funny though, cause I think most big companies (incl. German ones) behave like **** anyway when it suits them, so boycotting one only is hardly changing much. Otoh if they feel some customer power I'm not complaining.....
                    Blah

Comment

There's a Finnish population in Argentina but my understanding is that they're the descendants of 19th century immigrants and have assimilated to the mainstream culture save for a few old people living in remote areas of the country.

Originally posted by Barnabas

In the second one it looks like the poor flag is trying to resist the fire
                      Heh, that thing isn't even really a Finnish flag. It's like saying burning a flag with 41 stars and ten pink and white stripes is burning the US flag. We should have sent you a proper flag to do it with, after all, Finnish flags have been burned for decades to dispose of them.
                      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

At least the Germans got it right though. If you got beef with a company, take it to the company or other players, locals would be the best target. But these guys are simply just lost... burning some piece of cloth that symbolizes another country? I mean wtf.

It's as if some Indonesian company decided to pull out and we'd be burning their flag on the streets and saying, "HERE! You see what happens when you pull out? WE have matches!". I mean what is your goal, what are you trying to achieve here? I guess no one really knows.

And yeah, that even isn't a proper flag, that some self made crappy one.
                        In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                          The record results are from 2007. The next reports will probably show a quite measurable dent on the German market. I don't think it will be huge, though; people forget quick if it's out of the media.

I don't complain about what Nokia did. From their point of view they did the right thing, I am sure. But the way it was publicly announced was a PR disaster. Nokia should sack their PR manager. You don't treat an 80 million market in this snotty way.

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                            There's a Finnish population in Argentina but my understanding is that they're the descendants of 19th century immigrants and have assimilated to the mainstream culture save for a few old people living in remote areas of the country.

Heh, that thing isn't even really a Finnish flag. It's like saying burning a flag with 41 stars and ten pink and white stripes is burning the US flag. We should have sent you a proper flag to do it with, after all, Finnish flags have been burned for decades to dispose of them.
                            Its not like finnish flags are easy to find, probably the mother of one of those guys burning the flag made it
                            I need a foot massage

Comment

Sir Ralph, sure. But a dent? No I don't think so, I don't expect even a small dent. We're not talking about 80 million people market here, but the ones who actually are going to buy a phone and WOULD buy Nokia but now choose something else. So no, I'm not expecting anything, not even a blink.

Barnabas, yeah it looks self made. Then again, that shows the spirit. Can't find a flag to burn? Make it yourself and burn it! It's like making the cake and eating it too, except in reverse mode . Oh well. I hope they get some of the results they're looking for. THey're clearly unhappy, so perhaps they can find some results somehow to fix that.
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X