Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A flag of Finland will be burned tomorrow

quick explanation

Finnish company Botnia built a paper mill factory on the Uruguayan side of the river Uruguay (city of Fray Bentos), the argentines from the town of Gualeguaychu, who live across the river, dont like that because they think it will polute, give them cancer, ruin their tourism industry etc.
    So, for the past 2 years they have blockaded the bridge between Gualeguaychú and Uruguay.

The blockade has had no result, apart from hurting uruguayan foreign trade and tourism.

So, tomorrow the assembly of Gualeguaychu will burn a flag of Finland, just to see if something happens

Babelfish translation

((DyN). - Members of an assembly of Gualeguaychú announced that tomorrow they will within the framework burn a flag of Finland of the rejection to the operation of the plant of cellulose of the company of that country, in the city of Fray Bentos.
    The protest will begin to 21, in the Green Stream place of international route 136, where the cut of route for more has been made of a year.
    "it burns It of the flag has the intention to cause a reaction in the embassy, the government and the Finnish town, so that once and for all they become jumbled and they look for a solution the conflict", it indicated to the member of an assembly Jorge Fritzler. In the act, approved by the Citizen Assembly Environmental Gualeguaychú, a mast with the Finnish flag will be placed forehead to the Green Stream refuge, located to 28 kilometers to the east of Gualeguaychú and to only 15 of General international the bridge San Martín.
    "we have exhausted all the instances, but not even [ Ritva Jolkkonen has received us the ambassador ]. It is hour of which Finland assumes its responsibility in the conflict ", asserted Fritzler. In that same line, the environmentalist maintained that the European country "must recognize its responsibility" and added that "she burns it of the flag has the intention to cause his reaction". Botnia will receive to the press. On the other hand, Botnia will tomorrow open the doors of the plant of Fray Bentos to means journalists numerous, in the first one crossed of this type that will carry out since it began to work, the past 9 of November. Controversial report. After the publication in the NATION of the report of the ONG Green Cross that assured that the wastebasket did not cause environmental damage, the members of an assembly today returned to reject the monitoreo. "it is not clarified that it is a measurement done in a stage of regulation of apparatuses", alerted the activist of Gualeguaychú Martín Alazard, that considered "one picardía the report and is a use of information on the part of Botnia that could have used to the company that made the study". Alazard added that it sent an order of information to the company Green Cross, author of the monitoreo, because it did not clarify that the study was partial, and that Botnia is not working not even in the twenty percent. "I believe that even it was an experimental study, and I know that even there were problems for the regulation of the aparatología. I believe that the company must clarify many things ", added.
    Yesterday, the environmentalists assured that the report was for "cleaning the image" of the plant of Botnia cellulose and disqualified the results. In as much, the Assembly of Columbus will at night continue with the route cuts two hours during the week, while their pairs of Concord returned to fail yesterday in their attempt to cut the bridge of Great Jump, due to the intervention of the Gendarmerie.
    In Gualeguaychú, the members of an assembly turned yesterday fourteen months of blockade uninterrupted of the bridge that leads to the Uruguayan locality of Fray Bentos, seat of the wastebasket.
    LA NACION ofrece las últimas noticias, fotos y videos de la Argentina y el mundo. Política, economía, deportes y toda la información en tiempo real.
    I need a foot massage

I want to see how this goes. People over saying it's their right to burn the US flag. I'll laugh my ass off if these people get their asses kicked.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Why would Argentines in Argentina get their ass kicked for burning a Finnish flag? You are a weird man, Slowwy.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Hello! Pekka!
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          Why would Argentines in Argentina get their ass kicked for burning a Finnish flag? You are a weird man, Slowwy.
          There's a big, no, HUGE Finnish population in Argentina.
          They're all undocumented.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

They sound like NIMBYs.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

There's a big, no, HUGE Finnish population in Argentina.
              They're all undocumented.
              You say undocumented, I say biding their time in the shadows, waiting...
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

You say tomato, I say tomahto. Semantics.

Comment

Re: A flag of Finland will be burned tomorrow

Originally posted by Barnabas

Finnish company Botnia built a paper mill factory on the Uruguayan side of the river Uruguay (city of Fray Bentos)
                  Fray Bentos
                  Attached Files
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                  CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                  One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Hehe, i think they were comparing us (Finns) to nazis while back. Too bad it's not our government calling the shots, i wander what they expect to accomplish with this ? It's more of local politics methinks.

Comment

Finns were Nazis, and probably still are.

Comment

Ah, ok. I must have forgotten .

Comment

I don't care.

It just shows our true power. BUrn a piece of cloth. We'll rape your workers and your resources. You'll "destroy" a symbol made in Taiwan? Go for it!!

"we have exhausted all the instances, but not even [ Ritva Jolkkonen has received us the ambassador ]. It is hour of which Finland assumes its responsibility in the conflict ", asserted Fritzler.
                          I mean,... they can't even start a conflict. Not even with the embassador or the embassy, which is just a building you know
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

The people in Uruguay want those jobs and maybe if the people across the river in Argentina weren't a bunch of uneducated peasants angry at their neighbor's success then they themselves might be more successful. The Finnish company has said the plant will already meet European pollution standards so if the Argentines and Uruguayans can agree to jointly monitor to insure the Finnish plant meets those requirements there shouldn't be a problem. It's a win for everyone; more jobs, more tax revenue, and more cross border trade.

One thing is sure though and that is the Argentines aren't helping themselves by holding up infrastructure development though the politicians might be winning votes, at the expense of voters, by grandstanding against industrialization in their region.

Comment

FINLAND IS TEH EVIL IMPERIALIST!

Comment

Working...
                              X