X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's an epedemic

Last Alaska language speaker dies
    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
      I'm surprised that Sloww would care about this.
      WTF? Anyone that has really read anything by Sloww on these boards realizes that he has a soft spot in his heart for the Native American tribes that used to live here.

He generally has sympathy for different cultures even though every once in a while he goes all "USA!". It's not entirely mutually exclusive, you know.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Thank you, Imran. Anyone who wants to be here, I want them here. I still want them documented; but if they want to be here, lending their fervor and areas of expertise to making this country better, welcome.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Slowwy
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus

By that definition nobody is dead.
            Energy never dies and everything and everyone is energy in one form or another.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
              Energy never dies and everything and everyone is energy in one form or another.

No, but the information that makes up who you are is erased like a reformatted hard drive. Your energy, depending on how your remains are treated, either gets transformed into energy for the critters that eat you or goes up in smoke. You don't get to keep it. If you died in an outer space accident, aside from the energy that would bleed off into space, the chemical energy contained in your body would very likely remain locked up until you either burnt up in re-entry or evaporated away in the heat death of the universe.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
              X