Poll on being Polled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spec

Well, you are an idiot for saying so. The guy is probably taking his own free time to help deaf children, maybe because some kid he knows is deaf. Who knows...But aside from critiscising that he is helping the wrong children, how are you helping kids with cancer? How are you better than him? I would guess you are not, unless you went on your merry way to another guy to get pre-authorised debits from your account to help kids with cancer. Otherwise, you're just a cheap bastard trying to find an excuse not to give away money instead of saying you simply dont wanna. Because your answer would have been no even if the guy was helping kids with cancer.

Spec.
    I don't like the idea of automatic debits from my bank account for charity either. If I want to make a donation to a charity, I'll make a one-time donation.

It would be a pain in the ass to cancel the withdrawals if you needed to. When you call them, they would lay a big guilt-trip on you, no doubt.

However, instead of being a smart-ass to the guy working for the charity, I think a better response would be to say "No thanks, but I would like to make a cash donation. Here's 10 bucks." (...or whatever you feel like giving)
    "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

I am very thick polled.
      APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Working...
      X