Get Off Of My TV/Radio!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    You know, for the first time, I think I'm glad the Florida legislature passed that bill moving the primary to the 29th. No ad spending is allowed here by either party.
    Lucky bastard.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I think they come in 15 sec., 30 sec, or 1 minute blurbs. Repeated constantly.

Luckily, California has yet to be attacked (except on the ballot propositions)

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        You know, for the first time, I think I'm glad the Florida legislature passed that bill moving the primary to the 29th. No ad spending is allowed here by either party.
        Sounds like heaven, but I'm curious: how is that constitutional?
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
          Why would you be getting US camapign ads?
          I always watch the American stations. Usually Seattle.

Canada's main networks, CTV and Global, have brutal records with high definition simsubbing. Half of the time it's not in HD, 99% of the time it lacks 5.1 surround, they cut off the endings sometimes, etc.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Multitasking

When an annoying commercial comes on, ignore it, and go back to playing [fill in game].

Of course, sometimes I get so absorbed in the game that I ignore the show I was watching and have to go back to the recording to see what I missed.
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

I am glad that I haven't ever lived in a key primary/battlefield state. Although I do have to live with Kentucky Governor campaign ads. Dude, no one cares that someone bought computers that weren't made in-state! Other than those ads, I haven't seen any ads since midterms (for the House; we had no senate ads since Lugar was unopposed) when the ads were spammed.
              USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
              The video may avatar is from

Comment

Alright, I thought the TV/Radio was bad but this takes the cake.

I am fooling around with the gf this morning and her phone rings. We let it go to the machine and what do we hear in the background? "Hello, I'm Hillary Clinton and I want to talk to you about..."

Needless to say the moment was ruined. I know Democrats think everyone south of the Mason Dixon line are ignorant sub-human ape like creatures, but who actually thinks a recorded message on election day is going to change anyone's mind.

On my way home I heard my favorite campaign add yet. A Barrack radio add thats dialogue went something like this...

"Awwww you know it girl, that Barrack has his finger on the pulse of us black foke." "You tell it sista, wees finally have a candidate that knows how wees does it." "Thats right girl." "You better hurry up and eats those collards so we can go vote for Obama!"

Or something along those lines. I was actuallydumb struck. One hour until the polls close ...
                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                  Needless to say the moment was ruined.
                  You didn't steal that bit from Sgt. Landsman did you?
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
                  X