Teh Random Questions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ninot
    We need more questions. Getting answers for the first few over and over again is lame.

Why can't you put metal in the microwave?
    I seem to recall, that in newer microwaves, it doesn't matter anymore.
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

Depends on teh temperature.
      Correct, I was wondering if anyone actually knew much about this. I am again impressed with your greatness of knowledge.

We use water as the comparitive point to all other ingredients when speaking of and determining theoretical yields in mix design compilation.

The use the specific gravity determines what our absolute volume (Theoretical) will be in our mixes for all ingredients, based on tested and historical breaks for each compressive and flexural strength mix we design.
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

When are you getting off of the Vicodan?

ACK!
        Probably at least another 2-3 weeks.

But as for the questions, they all are something I do on a normal basis, working with ready mix concrete mix designs.

I was wondering if we had any engineer students in here or even project managers/specifiers.

Just adding a small amount of an unneeded information to the Poly Pool
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

why did I read this thread ???
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Why can't you put metal in the microwave?
            Same reason why Einstein got his Nobel. Hit metals with high enough frequency light, you knock around electrons, and create a serious current. That could be bad...
            "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
            -Bokonon

Comment

Why do you insist on spelling "the" "teh"?

How is it that you never accidentally spell "teh" right (wrong from your point of view) as "the"?
              Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

What is the purpose of yawning?
                "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

The purpose of yawning is to bring more oxygen to your brain.
                  Explain the different kinds of sunscreen along with their respective dis/advantages.
                  "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Oxygen makes you sleepy?
                    "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                    —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

No. When you are tried you properly take less deep breaths or don't breathe as much. Thus you might yawn when you are tired OR simply if you have a blocked nose, etc etc. I think.
                      "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

if spiders make spider webs, what makes cob webs?
                        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                        "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                        Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Cobblers, I'd imagine.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Middle English coppeweb : coppe, spider (short for attercoppe, from Old English âttercoppe : âtor, poison + copp, head) + web, web; see web.]

Pretty sure that the proposed physiologic purpose of yawning is to fully expand the lung/inflate the alveoli that are not aerated in quiet respiration -- particularly the shallow respirations taken when about to fall asleep. Also occurs immediately upon awakening to inflate the portions of the lung that are compressed/no aerated during sleep. Not sure why yawning is contagious though.
                            The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

I was taught that in Eskimo cultures, if you yawn, the eskimos believe that you are hungry.
                              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I'm usually hungry when I wake up, so that makes sense .
                                The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Working...
                                X