No announcement yet.

Helsinki Disses German Trams, Going to Buy Croatian Trams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the trams running to? Most of southern Edinburgh is too steep to run a tram service - there are a few hills which I am amazed the buses manage to get up...
    Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

If they can run trams in San Fransisco I'm sure they can run them in Edinburgh...
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
        Where are the trams running to? Most of southern Edinburgh is too steep to run a tram service - there are a few hills which I am amazed the buses manage to get up...
        They're running the first line in the North and West of the city, where the hills are flatter/avoidable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
          Edinburgh's got some trams on the way. And it's only going to cost £800 million and months of disruption to the city's excellent bus service.

A councillor told me that one reason they were going for trams is that Edinburgh has loads of middle/upper class idiots who'd rather hang themselves than use a bus, but love the idea of trams. Why educate morons when you can pander to them?
          Couple that with your 4x(?) overpriced "bomb-proof" parliament and you're well into the £1 billion capital sinkhole. Why not build a new Hibs stadium with a safe injection site accompanying the entrance, as well???

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid
            If they can run trams in San Fransisco I'm sure they can run them in Edinburgh...
            They don't. On a couple of the steep hills, they run cable cars which are, as the name suggests, directly attached to cables below the ground. The other trams they run are in relatively flat areas.
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
              Couple that with your 4x(?) overpriced "bomb-proof" parliament and you're well into the £1 billion capital sinkhole. Why not build a new Hibs stadium with a safe injection site accompanying the entrance, as well???
              The new Forth Bridge is going to cost £4.6 billion. 'Value for money' seems to be a difficult concept regardless of the government.

Comment

They also have the muni subway.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman

The new Forth Bridge is going to cost £4.6 billion. 'Value for money' seems to be a difficult concept regardless of the government.
                  What's wrong with the old Forth?

Comment

It's falling apart, or something. This is the road bridge, the railway one is fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X