No announcement yet.

Helsinki Disses German Trams, Going to Buy Croatian Trams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well who knows... I think the Croatian ones look nicer so hey, let's go with that. No fugly ones anymore, thanks!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I have to agree that "the Yugo was the cutting edge of Serbo-Croation technology"-Dan Akroid

Here are some examples of what the car companies you mentioned got with their billions spent defaming the Yugo...

How do you make a Yugo go faster?
      A towtruck.

What do you call the shock absorbers inside a Yugo?
      Passengers.

Two guys in a Yugo were arrested last night in Oakland following a push-by shooting incident.

The new Yugo has an air bag. When you sense an impending accident, start pumping real fast.

A friend went to a dealer the other day and said, "I'd like a gas cap for my Yugo." The dealer replied, "Okay. Sounds like a fair trade."

I have also said for years that the car is named because "Yugo, but it doesn't".

How can you get a Yugo to do 60 miles an hour?
      Push it over a cliff.

They didn't get their $ worth.
      Last edited by Lancer; January 12, 2008, 10:12.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

blah
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I believe Manchester currently has Italian trams, and has ordered some Canadian ones for the future.
          Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

San Diego's older trolleys are German built Siemens-Duewag U2s though since around 1998 they've been buying Siemens SD100 & SD70s.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Göteborg bought new trams from Italy a few years ago. Needless to say they were crap and the first batch broke down when the temperature went below freezing...

I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                San Diego's older trolleys are German built Siemens-Duewag U2s though since around 1998 they've been buying Siemens SD100 & SD70s.

Why would anyone be interested or care about what San Diego does?
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

San Diego >> Calgary

Comment

Do you see me posting pictures of Calgary trains in this thread randomly?
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion

Yeah, try to blame Canada.

The truth is the German engineering is in a sad state. Older engineers like Sir Ralph are becoming fewer and with you studiying ballet and BeBro going into designing clothes, there's nobody left to replace them. It breaks my heart.
                      BeBro got sent to bootcamp for misbehaving
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                        Do you see me posting pictures of Calgary trains in this thread randomly?
                        I googled them. They're so ugly I can see why you didn't.

Besides I'm just shilling for German made trolleys/trams which were unfairly maligned by our resident Croat.

Comment

I googled them. They're so ugly I can see why you didn't.
                          You must be mighty stupid. San Diego and Calgary both use Siemens-Duewag U2.

The thing is Calgary is phasing them out in favour of more efficient ones now, the Siemens SD-160.

Comment

But ours are painted nicer. And now we buy different Siemens trains.

Comment

Old Siemens-Duewag U2:

New(ish) siemens SD100:

Even newer Siemens SD70:

BTW bigger /= better. Often times it is better to buy more but smaller trams/trolleys then to buy fewer big ones.

Comment

But ours are painted nicer. And now we buy different Siemens trains.
                                Yes, San Diego now purchases the older SD-100s while Calgary uses the SD-160s which are more efficient. They look the same, just one is better internally...

Comment

Working...
                                X