No announcement yet.

Most inept cops ever: Dallas, Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may be, DaShi, but I wasn't talking to you.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Thanks.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Thank you for the picture.

So, he is black.

Anyone suprised?

Comment

Good call Vesayan
          Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

I ran a google search on his name.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

the victim, a young woman in her 20s, picked him from a lineup.

@ her
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
                Good call Vesayan
                Oh, good. Another jackass.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  I don't know what Avalon is laughing about,
                  Boasting about Texas "researching more than anyplace else." Perhaps due to a lot more screwups?

unless it's the wacky tobaccy again.

But it is good that they still have the evidence around to test.

Of course it wouldn't hurt it they got it right the first time and didn't throw innocent people in jail.
                  Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                  Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                  One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon

Boasting about Texas "researching more than anyplace else." Perhaps due to a lot more screwups?

But it is good that they still have the evidence around to test.

Of course it wouldn't hurt it they got it right the first time and didn't throw innocent people in jail.

I provided a source. All you're doing is mouthing off.
                    As has been also pointed out, there's nothing to indicate Texas is leading anyone in bad convictions, only in trying to rectify it.

Comment

Mike Ware, who heads the Conviction Integrity Unit in the Dallas County District Attorney's office...

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Most erroneous convciction occur becasue of the very compelling but not so reliable evidence of the victim testifying "That is the man who raped/robbed me. Juries would eat it up, but victims are just crummy at identifying strangers' faces. In fiction/tv you offten here someone dismissing "circumstantial evidence" but it has been more reliable than eyewitness evidence, and until the later 20th century, was more reliable than some of junk science that passed for physical and scientific evidence.

In the very large majority of the wrold, everything outside the richest developed countries, victim ID of perps in still the predominant basis of criminal arrests and convictions.
                        Last edited by Lefty Scaevola; January 4, 2008, 14:32.
                        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Good on Texas for trying to recitify any past wrongs.

If this is a systematic process of reexamining old biological evidence, 10 bucks they have confirmed more convictions than overturned convictions.

So for all you Duke Whore supporters out there, what do you care about DNA evidence, the rape victim identified him herself!
                          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos

If this is a systematic process of reexamining old biological evidence, 10 bucks they have confirmed more convictions than overturned convictions.
                            That's a pretty appalling standard. "Hey we get more right than wrong so things aren't so bad."
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

That's a pretty appalling standard. "Hey we get more right than wrong so things aren't so bad."
                              Not if the is 999/1. Would you prefer it was the opposite? And again this doesn't say anything about the false conviction rate of Texas since other stats simply don't care enough to double check.

DNA evidnece simply didn't exist back when these convictions were made. In this case the rape victim identified the attacker herself, we STILL convict rapists this way.

Trust me, in 100 years when we can observe the past through whatyamacallitwhatevers, we will be overturning fullproof convictions made with DNA evidence.
                              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Your statement (intentional or not) minimizes wrongful convictions. That's all.

Comment

Working...
                                X