The future of the Poly OT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's the 'who gives a ****' option?
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

So... erm... CFC for a meet up if this place goes south.

Thanks for the bumps.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
        I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
        Wonderful! Best Scifi ever.

Comment

Lancer like I don't know you do these threads to rub the administration the wrong way

8/10 (would be a 10/10 if Ming posted in this thread)

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

Poly isn't going offline anytime soon if I and my fellow administrators have anything to say about it. I'm also the majority owner, so...

Comment

Couple of different reasons. First is that if they ever shut this place down from one minute to the next it's in the back of people's minds now where to go, whether they agree here or not.

Second is that what these tits fail to realize is that like it or not they're now surviving mostly on the OT which has been proven by the #s given in the Poly non-Community forum. The OT survives on entertainment, interesting threads about amazing stuff, and whatever it is DanS is always discussing.

So by posting this thread I get people up in arms, rouse a little rabble, it's good for the site! Just look at the caste of celebs that got interested nuf and off their duffs to post an opinion. DQ!, MarkG!, b etor! others! Hits! Hits for Poly!

Yes, I post about the end of Poly as my contribution to its success, and THIS is the thanks I get!

Comment

Im trying to not say anything, but frekin Vicorindin is kickn in,

If ya'll would get behindnw hwat this site was infrascriutcrured around

Call 2 Power, its awesome and greatb ai and replyaiabuiltity

ZPlay now

Play often

feel force with ya

saerious

be strong and commit to helping the site

I remember lancer ruling as a player over in CTP Mp

maybe like 7 yrseas agowe
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Well-said, Gramps! I couldn't agree more.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer

Second is that what these tits fail to realize is that like it or not
                    Umm, I thought Ming made itclre in Babe thred

No bare breats or generitle parts expose

Comment

No genetic parts? Wouldn't implants be addressed by the other rule?
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        No genetic parts? Wouldn't implants be addressed by the other rule?
                        mihytg be, ming rulz so heva to bride byr thium

Comment

I got the techie skills of a small pebble, a particularly inept small pebble, and I doubt they would allow me to mod the CTP I archive let alone anything real. On top of that I think my main function around here is to be the poster that Ming sticks pins in to relieve whatever he's dealing with, though the pins are far fewer these days, it's a function of sorts I guess.

I used to do a Poly birthday thread every year about 'How Many Posters This Great Site Would Have Next Year'. Then I'd save it and on the B-Day everybody could compare their estimate from the previous year's thread and read their posts. Then all the BS started, the admins didn't care and I quit giving a crap. Now I care about the people here, **** the place. It gave up on me, not the other way round.

I'm not *****ing about it, just telling you Gramps.

I also did other stuff like the first version of the HOF, way back when. I went to the different forums and tried to rally support, another fella compiled the info, don't recall his name. The CTP forum told me where to stick my OT BS, oh well. I made enough of a contribution that Solver gave me one of the first 'Faces of Apolyton' interviews. I wonder if that's still around?

Comment

I found it! My interview, done a couple weeks BEFORE Mings. It was in the crapper behind the radiator.

It's best taken with mass quantities of beer...

"Solver, first let me say that I'm glad you resumed the "Faces of Apolyton" interviews. I have alot of respect for those that contribute to the site as you do, and as the mods and admins do. So I'd like to take this chance to thank you and them and everyone who does something to make Apolyton the resource that it is. "

It took alot to move me from this position, but! water under the bridge...
                            Last edited by Lancer; January 3, 2008, 05:35.

Comment

So, Lancer is bitter that no one has acknowledged the effort he put in and now realises it was wasted anyway as Poly dies a slow and undignified death...

If you ask me, the reason it's slowly dying is because the current crop of mods couldn't really give a toss about the posters to the extent that they're too half-assed even to update a seriously out of date FAQ that would take 5 mins of their time for example.

Most of the good posters have been gradually alienated and left already from this place and I'm only here till the entertainment runs out...
                              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Read the posts! You may come up with an accurate conclusion. Waid a sec, its Mob, better explain.

1) Enjoyed that my effort was acknowledged, enjoyed contributing until things went bad...see 2

2) Didn't enjoy the undeserved, ongoing, year in and year friggin out mean spirited attention from Ming.

3) Bitter that the admins couldn't give a rats behind about what one of their mods was doing to a Poly member in good standing. Screw contributing, just BS and hang with friends.

4) Learned to deal with it, sharing my experience but water under the bridge, forgiveness yes but trust gone so screw the place and enjoy the people.

5) The point is the people! All those years I wasn't run off because I like people here, got friends. Close though I gotta admit.

Ok Mob?

Comment

Working...
                                X