No announcement yet.

The future of the Poly OT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hasn't this place survived on a few diehard regs since its inception?
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Dead site my ass - posted in SMAC/X an hour ago and already 20+ views - lots of lurkers out there.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

My On-Topic Civ4 thread about my PWNing of Shaka has 140 views in less than 12 hours.

Plus Perfection AND Methos and other CFC'ers post here. CFC is the number 1 site linking to Apolyton on the internet.

Plus AAHZ is here DUH! One well written AAHZ-Thread and this place will jump like Michael Jordan in a dunk contest.
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Lancerthreadi

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
            I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
            Time to die!
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

You do go in for doom and gloom, don't you Lancer?

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
                In case the internet should suddenly go down for good, everyone should leave their phone numbers and street address so that we don't loose track of each other.
                I'd also like to have all your credit cards numbers. You know, just for safe keeping...
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Ban all the replicants!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                    You do go in for doom and gloom, don't you Lancer?

Poly isn't going offline anytime soon if I and my fellow administrators have anything to say about it. I'm also the majority owner, so...
                    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
                      Poly isn't going offline anytime soon if I and my fellow administrators have anything to say about it.
                      But you don't
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

But you don't
                        In that thread, I didn't commit to any specifics true but I did say our plans are to improve the site and also to better our communication (and I'll add here to get it back to what it used to be).

Improving the site does not mean taking it offline. You fret unnecessarily.
                        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

we've been discussing the death of apolyton since year 2 or so.
                          lancer, you should know better...
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                            we've been discussing the death of apolyton since year 2 or so.
                            lancer, you should know better...
                            Wow...so it has been going downhill for over half a decade!?!

Just kidding!

Poly is like the tide...it ebbs and flows. I see no reason to think it will be gone...especially as long as DanQ has an interest.
                            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

There are still new people coming here.
                              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Some areas slow down and others speed up-- I'll admit that OT doesn't seem as lively as a couple of years ago but there still seems to be an ample number of people around
                                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                                X