No announcement yet.

The Off Topic 2008 Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bastards I picked can rest easy, knowing they'll live to 200.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Thanks for the points, Mr. Hoffman, and congrats on a life well done. As for your "problem child" - we always got along great.
        Long live the Dead Threads!!

Comment

• Next time I'll put some thought into my picks...
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• -Jrabbit 553
            Omni Rex Draconis 417
            LordShiva 347
            Enjoying it while it lasts...
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• I deliberately didn't pick Dr. Hoffman in order not to jinx him. Considering how well I'm doing I may have done him a favour by picking him.

Thanks for the good times Doc, the next tab is dedicated to you.

Comment

• Just a reminder for players with somewhat obscure celebs on your list - It is your job to report their deaths to the Dead Pool. Be sure to check on their status every now and then so they don't get missed.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

nope. Apparently, my two semi-obscure picks are still quite amongst the living, selfish bastards that they are.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I think I picked a woman that's 137. From what I understand, she was observed over this past weekend dancing The Jarabe Tapatío.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• I thought people whose only claim to fame is being old, are ineligible.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• World renowned Mexican Hat Dancer. She used to run a cat house in Juarez.

Comment

• No, all of mine are still breathing...
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil
                              Just a reminder for players with somewhat obscure celebs on your list - It is your job to report their deaths to the Dead Pool. Be sure to check on their status every now and then so they don't get missed.
                              Two good ways to check...

Use this site to find out if famous people are dead or alive.

You can just type in the persons name and it will tell you whether they are dead or alive, or check their list of deaths in the last months.

Also, wikipedia provides a good up to date list of recent deaths.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Winemaking patriarch Robert Mondavi dies
                                Of course, he's not on my list. I feel responsible for all these people who have died so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X