Tiger escapes zoo, kills man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger escapes zoo, kills man

Is there a thread on this? I didn't see one. It's interesting because they don't know how the tiger got out. Did it jump a 20 foot high fence and cross a moat? Did someone let the tiger out purposely?

Did the guy taunt the tiger. I'm not saying this is what happened. I actually propose making it so tigers can get out easily. This way we can cull the population that is stupid enough to taunt the thing. Darwin awards type thing.

I think zoos are a bit inhumane anyways. I'd prefer the animals be in a free range type place. If they want to see animals, they can watch them on national geographic channel or something.

Beautiful kitty too bad it decided to attack police officers when they showed up with guns drawn.

Comment

They found a shoe and a pool of blood in the tiger's pit.
      Sounds to me like 1 less dumbass and 1 less tiger because of the dumbass.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Why didn't they just tazer it ? No reason to use guns, it was just a kitten.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Score one for the cats.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The wall was a couple of feet low. There was a 30' moat, but no water was ever in it. Doesn't seem like much of a moat.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              The wall was a couple of feet low. There was a 30' moat, but no water was ever in it. Doesn't seem like much of a moat.
              Just out of curiosity - haven't anybody told them that tigers are fond of water and are excellent swimmers ?
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Zoos are good for conservation. Even tigers can have short, dangerous lives in the wild, and they can have room in zoos to stretch their legs if they want, plus three squares a day and free medical care.

Zoos

Comment

I'm sure they know tigers like water. I think it was intended also as an escape deterrent. Jumping 30' wide water and up 12.5' of wall, well, the tiger deserves to get away.
                  No doubt, they should have had tasers.

Modern zoos are good. The old concrete and bars blew chunks, but the new habitat type are good.

Comment

Well, I seriously doubt the 30' wide water was any deterrrent, but they might have underestimated a tigers jump capability - even humans reaches new limits

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Poor Tiger, Stupid Humans.

And the Zoo Director is now saying that the wall was only 12.5 ft tall
                      She had to have jumped," he said. "How she was able to jump that high is amazing to me." Mollinedo said
                      What the Hell? Has this so-called Zoo Director never even owned a housecat? This ******* should be fired without review!
                      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Apparently the wall should have been about 4' higher.

Is that a flock of vultures I see circling over the zoo? No surely not, just lawyers.
                        Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Let's just ignore the taunting. The zoo has been there a long time, had been inspected recently and nothing had been said.

Comment

Well they originally reported the wall was 20 feet high. Last night they said it was 12.5 feet high and they also said they originally reported it as 18 feet high.

Sounds like bad reporting and/or info in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar
                              Poor Tiger, Stupid Humans.

And the Zoo Director is now saying that the wall was only 12.5 ft tall

What the Hell? Has this so-called Zoo Director never even owned a housecat? This ******* should be fired without review!
                              most people go to greath lengths not to own a house cat.

Comment

Working...
                              X