No announcement yet.

Christmas: After Action Report!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear this, Sloww. Hope Playful is OK...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Holy ****, Sloww! I just saw this. I hope she feels better, and that's a major bummer about the dog.

My wife and I got a massive pile of stuff for Christmas. The highlights:

Wireless Keyboard & Mouse. Now I can hook my computer up to my 42" LCD in my family room and play games from the couch.
      MP3 players (we bought these for ourselves).
      New computer speakers (the ones connected to my comp really suck - so much that my wife was the one who wanted me to have new ones ).
      New winter coats.
      2 nice oil paintings.

Like I said, there was a lot more, including a pile of junk food. So yeah, I've been on the couch, playing computer games and alternating chocolate & salty junk. :fatass:

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that Sloww, hope everyone's ok
        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
        "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Wireless Keyboard & Mouse. Now I can hook my computer up to my 42" LCD in my family room and play games from the couch.

I'm sure your wife is thrilled

Comment

For the time being, all is well. We are playing an old roleplaying game (that I forgot we even owned) together... albeit in SP mode. I mostly control stuff, while she figures stuff out. Me kill, she think, basically.

If we were really into it, we'd play MP over our network, but her comp is down in the basement (hooked up to the cable modem), so that would be blah. Plus I don't think the current interest is going to last. Once we get back on a normal work schedule there won't be time, and it's not really all that great a game (Pools of Radiance). Still, she likes RP games. I should dig up Baldur's Gate...

Now, if I started playing CIV all the time using the TV, there would be trouble.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

We are playing an old roleplaying game (that I forgot we even owned) together... albeit in SP mode. I mostly control stuff, while she figures stuff out. Me kill, she think, basically.

You are a very lucky man

Comment

Indeed I am.

-Arrian

Comment

Working...
                X