Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Need To Confess. I Can't Wrap Gifts For Squat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need To Confess. I Can't Wrap Gifts For Squat.

My daughter, Summer, offered to wrap some presents for me. Asked me did I know how to wrap presents.
    I don't remember exactly what I said, but I imagine it was something wiseass.

Well, I just wrapped them. They look like crap.

Are you wrapping presents? If so, did they come out better than these?
    I'm hoping, at this point, that I don't mistake them for garbage and throw them out.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

I can wrap pretty good. Especially things like books .

But I can also wrap shirts and stuff nicely, as long as they are folded properly. Unfortunately I can't fold, so I just don't do anything to it after the clerk folds it nice for the bag .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I was just telling Playful about this, and I should add this to the confession, because it gets even worse.

My brother and his other, we got them restaurant cards and I put the gift cards in a little tin. All I had to do was tape a tag and write on it. I washed my hands and didn't dry them well enough, and smeared the ink on the tag.
      I swear...
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Use the man's Xmas wrapping. Only homosexuals use wrapping paper. Real men use the plastic bag from the store!!!!!
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
          Use the man's Xmas wrapping. Only homosexuals use wrapping paper. Real men use the plastic bag from the store!!!!!
          I order from Amazon and tell them to pre-wrap it for me
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

These look like a rat's been gnawing on them.
            A homosexual would likely die of embarrassment, if that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar

I order from Amazon and tell them to pre-wrap it for me
              That's still unmanly. A plastic bag demonstrates the appropriate male indifference to social niceties.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

I'm disappointed in you Sloww. I thought a Texan could do anything.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

One problem is children's toy which are mounted in a 1/2-box...just the base and back, with the toy exposed. 2-year-old Sam is getting a piggie and a doggie "Shake & Go", and 4-year-old Brian is getting a dragon (flapping wings and fiery lightbulb). I'm wrapping this beastiary tonight.

I shall be massacred.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                    I'm disappointed in you Sloww. I thought a Texan could do anything.
                    He's from Dallas.

Now, if he was from Fort Worth...
                    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

They're wrapped. That counts as "anything". Kind of a low standard to have on the situation though.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                        One problem is children's toy which are mounted in a 1/2-box...just the base and back, with the toy exposed. 2-year-old Sam is getting a piggie and a doggie "Shake & Go", and 4-year-old Brian is getting a dragon (flapping wings and fiery lightbulb). I'm wrapping this beastiary tonight.

I shall be massacred.
                        Your presents suck!!! I'm getting a bottle of Jack Daniels for Christmas.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Heck, you should see mine. I just give up and cut little squares and tape them on individually.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                            Heck, you should see mine. I just give up and cut little squares and tape them on individually.
                            Dude I know spray paints the box and shakes glitter over it.... well not glitter... sawdust... but hey..
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                              Your presents suck!!! I'm getting a bottle of Jack Daniels for Christmas.
                              If they were MY kids, I'd certainly want them passed out drunk. But they're friends' kids, so I'm giving them gifts that make a lot of noise.

Comment

Working...
                              X