No announcement yet.

Time Magazine's Person of teh Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+Stalin, Khomeini and .. Bill '666' Gates.

And the most evil of them, BONO!

Comment

"Bono didn't take the world's biggest crap; Bono is the world's biggest crap."
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You have to remember that the Time Person of the Year is not an honour or a positive thing, it's an award to the person who influenced the news most that year. They even had to explain why in 2001 Rudy Guiliani won it, rather than Osama bin Laden, since clearly the latter created the news more, just because they didn't want the backlash. The same way reason they had to explain why Einstein won over Hitler in Person of the Century. This is why political leaders win it most of the time however good or bad they were. The only US presidents never to win it were just because they were boring and/or short-lived.

Putin has probably created more news than Gore in the last year, though it's relatively close.

Good call
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
          The only US presidents never to win it were just because they were boring and/or short-lived.
          Which is why Benjamin Harrison won it two years in a row.
          B♭3

Comment

The real question is who reads Time magazine anymore.

Comment

Everyone on the internet has been Time's person of the year. Talk about a diluted pool.

Comment

Working...
              X