Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you trust PAM?

...and such?

I am not to fond of the stuff. Something about spraying "food" to eat it afterwards bugs me. I dont trust that its good for our health. :tinfoilhat:

Like I know some people that would rather eat soap than something that came off the floor.

Meaning that someone would rather eat on a plate that was half-ass rinced (with "invisible" dryed dish soap on it) than to eat something that fell on the floor.

I choose what fell on the floor first. Bacteria is good for my immune system anyhow. No to sure about soap though.

So what do you think about sprayed food and chemicals? Or blue cake filling that stains your tongue for an hour?

And, I dont trust microwaves either :tinfoilhat: I read in some microwave instructions about 6 years ago because I wanted to see for myself where it said:" Do not use to dry small pets"....but what I found was even more disturbing. "Caution: Keep a distance of 6 feet while microwave oven is in use" Wtf....And I could see myself the last years, face on the door waiting for my popcorn and such.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Do you also not put butter or olive oil in your pans?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

So you cook over a campfire exclusively?
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Anyone who ever eats at a restaurant has to accept the fact that, more than likely, their food is laughably unclean. But humans are tough and can survive a good deal.

That said, I never eat anything off of the floor, even within the five second limit, for purely neurotic reasons.

Edit: Oh, and Pam and microwaves are just fine with me.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          So you cook over a campfire exclusively?
          I use something thats called a "conventionnal" oven.

Seriously, I have no microwave at home.

And re-heated pizza is so much better in the oven than in a microwave.

As for the olive oil in the pants, wtf?!

Spec.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Pans, eyes.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
              That said, I never eat anything off of the floor, even within the five second limit, for purely neurotic reasons.
              5 second limit is bulcrap. Even before myth busters proved it, it was obvious that it was non-cense.

.001 seconds and your food is already contaminated.

But I have an intereting question.

Why is it that when people are in a kitchen and they drop something on the floor they throw it away, but when they are camping, and drop a weiner in the dirt they just rince it off and eat it?

Spec.

Comment

You go camping with the wrong people. That's disgusting.

Comment

Myth Busters never proves anything. They're a bunch of hacks.

Also, I don't go camping. And when I used to, I still didn't eat anything that hit the ground.

The reason why some people are hypocritical in this situation? If your choice is between going hungry and eating dirty food, what's it going to be?
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

How is that disgusting? Its rinced off.

Did you know that Purel is actually bad for you? So is peroxide?

I never get sick "knock on wood". I haven't had a cold or anything in 3 years. Why? Because I keep my immune system on the go! My next step, I think I'll go lick some subway poles.

You need bacteria to keep in shape. Also, Peroxide burns cells that are used to heal...Best thing to clean a cut is regular dish soap, anything else like alcohol or peroxide just bunrs your cells.

Spec.

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Re: Do you trust PAM?

Originally posted by Spec
                        Do you trust PAM?
                        Yes, I do trust the Pulse Amplitude Modulation.

Comment

I use sprayed oils, but only for the grates on my bbq.

Also, everyone knows it's a 3-second rule, not 5.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

3 or 5, it makes no difference.

For those who dont know, bacterias and viruses have no limbs.

Spec.
                            Last edited by Spec; December 18, 2007, 11:32.

Comment

PAM is somewhat difficult to configure in my opinion. Well... that's based on my experience setting up authentication against SMB for login back in 2000 or so... anyway, I wouldn't trust myself to set strange things up correctly with PAM, so I must say I don't really trust PAM itself either
                              This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Working...
                              X