No announcement yet.

Have you been touched?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it may be a Japanese thing carried over to the Koreans, who have assumed (and altered) a fair bit of Japanese culture.

The Chinese do not do it and they look on bemused when the Korean and Japanese overseas students do that in the universities.

There is another very popular prank that Japanese children play on each other. It involves putting your victim on the floor, then grabbing their ankles in each hand, and then putting your foot in their crotch and "wheelbarrowing" them across the floor. This is very uncomfortable and after the first time you don't want to do it again.
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
      I can see a schism developing here, with Zoid leading the liberal wing of the church.
      Yeah, well. I'm full of love for all His creatures
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
        "Pink" Unicorn?

Please.

They are splitters from the one true God, the Purple Unicorn. Don't be persuaded and misled by the promises of the pink one.
        Pink, purple...

Comment

What the hell is this thread about? sometimes I think you are all insane. . Or I just don't get jokes. One or the other.

Comment

Google is your friend, Dis.

Comment

Dis: www.venganza.org

Comment

He, too, will finally see the light and don his pirates regalia
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Yarr, right ye are matey!

Comment

Be careful...if the Pirates vs Global Warming graph is correct, too many pirates could unleash a new Ice Age...

Oh and the relationship between Korean and Japanese culture is very complex...most of ancient Japanese culture is in fact borrowed from korea, while most of modern Korean culture is in fact borrowed from Japan.

Two big fat guys ritualistically wrestling using belts . . .Korea (ssireum) -> Japan (sumo)

Snacks made of rice wrapped in salty seaweed 'paper', with something else in the middle Korea (gim bap) -> Japan (sushi)

Warrior retainers who dedicated themselves to perfecting martial skills such as the bow, along with a certain spiritual and aesthetic ideal of literacy in poetry and other arts Korea (Hwarang) -> Japan (samurai)

Buddhism and local animism coexisting (korea first, transmitted to Japan)

etc...basically a lot of what we think of as medieval or ancient Japanese culture was in fact originally from Korea in the 100 BC-900 AD period. This is unfamiliar because in the 18th-19th century the primitiveness of Korea vs Japan made it inconceivable that the relationship had once been reversed.

Modern Korean culture, however, is basically heavily influenced by Japanese modern culture

In music, the curious importance of trains and train stations in culture, the love for a strange fantasy version of France, the blood type obsession, androgynous boyish ideal of masculine and feminine beauty, educational philosophy, etc.
                    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Pastafarianism is the false religion. May the great Zoraster strike you heathens down.

Comment

I did think the whole androgynous man-boy, girl-woman thing was weird.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

ahhh, that explains alot.

Although it doesn't explain why his penis looks like that. Or are penises supposed to look like that?

Comment

I think penises looked like that during the renaissance...

Comment

How can you tell which noodly apendage is FSM penis?
                              Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
                                Have YOU been 'touched'?

I call this celebration of Korean culture 'Brave Leap Into the Future'

It can be viewed in all its shimmering glory on Yeosu Island.
                                That tree by the koncho statue doesn't look like it is doing well.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X