No announcement yet.

Is it Hard to Enter the US From Mexico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadians would probably want a ton of paperwork before they let me land there. I'm not sure though, perhaps not.

Comment

I wouldn't shoot Vet, hell. I'd even divert the attention of any who might be watching.

Just be careful you don't get trampled by the herd you're crossing with.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Vet - Enough people seem to be able to do it.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Would you be renting a car in Mexico and driving into the US or would you hike in? A lot of people die from thirst trying to cross the deserts of southern New Mexico and Arizona by foot.

If you're white, border security probably isn't going to pay that much attention to you.
          Last edited by Riesstiu IV; December 12, 2007, 21:35.

Comment

Watch season 2 of the show Heroes. It has a fairly good guide of getting into the US there.
            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

story

QOTM and I are in LA for a wedding, we spend a weekend in San Diego, we spend the afternoon getting a cheap Mexican lunch in Tiajuana. We take the trolley.

"Wait, wheres your pocketbook?"
              "I left it in the car, its back in downtown San Diego"
              "We have to go back"
              "That will take too long, Im sure there'll be no problem - Hey you, can I get into Mexico without ID"
              Local Californians on trolley answer"Sure, you go through a turnstyle"
              "See"
              "You dont understand, its getting BACK to the US thats the problem"
              "I dont look Mexican"
              "People from all over try to get in through Mexico"
              "I dont speak with a foreign accent"
              "You dont speak with ANY accent, like someone who learned English abroad"

We cross into Mexico - at some point QOTM asks one of the Californians (I think) "What do they ask you when you come back in" "Where you were born, thats all"
              Oh great, I think, QOTM was born in Hungary, that will simplify everything.

We finally agree, IF there is a problem, I will leave QOTM at the border (IVE got my ID, of course) I will take the trolley back to San Diego, get QOTMs ID, and then head BACK to the border to get her. With that backup plan, I calm down, and enjoy my afternoon.

We get in line to come back, and Ive still got butterflies in my stomach, backup or no.

The agent asks QOTM - "Did you buy anything"
              She responds, honestly, that she hadnt
              "not even a bottle of Kahlua - you should have - Ok move on, next"

I was very happy to be back on US soil.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

act retarded.

come with other people, act like you are retarded and start having a fit. while your 'caretaker' is searching for you IDs they will be so annoyed/compassionate that they'll let you by.

it worked for my friend. a few years ago.

Comment

I just found 3 mexicans under my sink

go for it
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

How hard could it be to get a B1/B2 visa, especially because Hrvatska is an EU candidate country? It's better to do it right and not have to worry about potentially being deported or barred from the U.S.

P.S. If you cross from Canada, do it in some back country dirt road. Most Canadian crossings I've been through ask for, at least, photo ID from all the passengers.
                    If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

it's a great idea... bring a video camera to record the journey, it will be a hit guaranteed

+ be well prepared for the desert trek few days trek through it is not as simple as it appears at first... but would be a great experience I am sure... if you survive
                      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Timexwatch
                        How hard could it be to get a B1/B2 visa, especially because Hrvatska is an EU candidate country? It's better to do it right and not have to worry about potentially being deported or barred from the U.S.

P.S. If you cross from Canada, do it in some back country dirt road. Most Canadian crossings I've been through ask for, at least, photo ID from all the passengers.
                        Every time we crossed at a border stop ( Canada-US) we were asked for photo ID each way. Perhaps they ask because the checkpoints were pretty quiet and they were bored or maybe they always ask everyone
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Canada - USA border

bleh

Comment

Generally Mexicans pay several thousand dollar to have a guide show them ways to illegally cross the border and to provide transportation once in the US.

I'm sure a Croatian can get a tourist visa fairly easily and for much less money. Plus on the up side your chances of dying in a desert or getting robbed by Mexican bandits is eliminated.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Pay Oerdin to come pick you up in Tijuana and take you back to the US in the trunk of his car.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                                Pay Oerdin to come pick you up in Tijuana and take you back to the US in the trunk of his car.
                                Croats are white. He can sit in the front seat -- but it'd be easier to drive in from Canada. Most rurual roads have no checkpoints.

Comment

Working...
                                X