No announcement yet.

Is it Hard to Enter the US From Mexico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it Hard to Enter the US From Mexico?

I've been considering visiting USA. For a month or so, as a tourist. But I gather that young males from relatively poor countries aren't easily allowed in. In fact here in Croatia there is a big line in front of the embassy and a long procedure to get a visa.

I don't like bureaucracy anyway. So I devised a plan. Here it is:

1. Get to Mexico
    2. Cross the Mexico-USA border illegaly (find an remote spot and walk over)
    3. ...
    4. Profit!

Then I would do some sightseeing, drive around and when I have had enough come back the same way.

What do you think? Doable? Rate my plan!
    This is so going to work, let's have beer when you're in!
    23.53%
    It can certainly work if you have a good guide
    11.76%
    Chances are 50-50
    5.88%
    It hardly ever works
    0.00%
    I'll send 48" pizza to you in prison
    41.18%
    banana?
    17.65%

(find a remote spot and walk over).
    Not such a great idea.

Also, getting into Mexico could prove quite difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha

Not such a great idea.
      Probably true. It's easy in that if you keep at it eventually you get in but it's not easy as in convenient or comfortable I'm sure.

Instead visit canada and cross into the US from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha

Not such a great idea.
        Why? As far as I know the border is:

1. Long
        2. Not fenced
        3. Not mined

Profit!

Also, getting into Mexico could prove quite difficult.
        Not from here. There is probably a flight from Frankfurt to Mexico City and I think I don't need a visa or I can easily get it.

Comment

I won't suggest you attempt this as that would be wrong...

But if you do decide to do this I recommend you make a video documentary of the journey. You may start a whole new movement - "guerilla tourism".
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion

Why? As far as I know the border is:

1. Long
            2. Not fenced
            3. Not mined

Profit!
            Desert.
            General lack of not dieing from desert related deaths.

Comment

Desert

I've passed rigorous boy scout training. If at noon you put a shadow over your watch, the smaller pointer points north. Or something. Next problem!

Comment

I won't suggest you attempt this as that would be wrong...

Why exactly? If I'm getting in once and getting out once, then the net effect is zero. Nothing happened. Simple math.

Comment

Re: Is it Hard to Enter the US From Mexico?

Originally posted by VetLegion
                  I've been considering visiting USA. For a month or so, as a tourist. But I gather that young males from relatively poor countries aren't easily allowed in. In fact here in Croatia there is a big line in front of the embassy and a long procedure to get a visa.

I don't like bureaucracy anyway. So I devised a plan. Here it is:

1. Get to Mexico
                  2. Cross the Mexico-USA border illegaly (find an remote spot and walk over)
                  3. ...
                  4. Profit!

Then I would do some sightseeing, drive around and when I have had enough come back the same way.

What do you think? Doable? Rate my plan!

You might get tagged like a deer.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Only problem with your plan is Slowwhand will end up shooting you.

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

SlowwHand is friendly.

Give him directions to your place Sloww so he can have a shower and get cleaned up after the desert trek.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I'll wear an Apolyton shirt! Sloww wouldn't shoot that!

Comment

That would be much better than what is in your avatar. Show up like that and Sloww would shoot you.

Comment

Why not go in through the Canadian side? I'd think there's even less security there.

Comment

Working...
                              X