And The World Remained Silent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And The World Remained Silent

I had always kept in the back of my mind the fact that the Kashmiri Pandits (Kashmir's Hindu minority) had been brutalised by the Muslims and then forced to flee the valley, but I did not realise exactly what it entailed.

Today, I watched a video which showed this thing in detail. It's not long - 20 minutes total - but it's absolutely shocking. Even more shocking is that the slaying of a few hundred Muslims in the riots caused by the Godhra massacre (in which a comparable number of Hindus were also murdered) is given so much prominence, as compared to the ethnic cleansing of 4,00,000 Hindus out of their homeland, which is completely ignored, even though it is an ongoing process. I do not know why this is so.

The part where my comprehension nearly breaks down is that this was completely unprovoked. The Kashmiri Hindus never had any dispute with the Muslims. They were simply loyal citizens - and it appears this was enough self-justification for the Muslims to throw them out. There weren't even any disputes or enmities between the two communities prior to this. It's as if the majority just decided one day, "Let's throw them our or kill them", and went ahead and did it.

I have embedded the two video clips below, in order. The thread is named after the video.

Comments requested. I will post my own ideas on this later.

Sorry, only one atrocity can hold our attention at one time, and we're busy wringing our hands and doing nothing over Darfur. Perhaps when that's done we'll wring our hands and do nothing for your folks too, assuming there are any left. It's SOP for crimes against humanity, unless they invade a nation with white women or a great deal of oil. Then it's war. I advise you to procure white women in large quantities, perhaps by purchasing some Diet Pepsi and Special K.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Re: And The World Remained Silent

Originally posted by aneeshm
      the slaying of a few hundred Muslims in the riots caused by the Godhra massacre (in which a comparable number of Hindus were also murdered)
      Wow
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re: Re: And The World Remained Silent

Originally posted by LordShiva

Wow
        I knew somebody would fall for that troll.

But it's true, though. The death toll is 790 Muslims and 254 Hindus. Same order of magnitude.

Comment

The death toll is 790 Muslims and 254 Hindus. Same order of magnitude.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Re: Re: Re: And The World Remained Silent

But it's true, though. The death toll is 790 Muslims and 254 Hindus. Same order of magnitude.
            Source?

The issue you raise is a serious one that could do with more attention, but the only thing you achieve with "trolls" like that is getting yourself taken less seriously.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: And The World Remained Silent

Source?
              BBC

The issue you raise is a serious one that could do with more attention, but the only thing you achieve with "trolls" like that is getting yourself taken less seriously.
              True. You're right.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                Sorry, only one atrocity can hold our attention at one time,
                I think in this case the Kashmiri Hindus have a state to watch out for them, one thats a not inconsiderable power.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

I think in this case the Kashmiri Hindus have a state to watch out for them, one thats a not inconsiderable power.
                  Not really, no. I'd request you to watch the video to understand why this is so.

Comment

What about the Gujarti massacres in 2002.

That was the Hinduzz fault wasn't it
                    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

My own view on this:

Europe, look up and take note. This is what happens when you let these type of people into your countries in any number. If they ever become a majority, this is what they will do to you, even if you do nothing and have no enmity with them. It doesn't matter how it starts out, whether by conquest or peaceful trade and immigration - this is the way it always ends. The memetovirus of Islam is an extremely powerful and malevolent one.

Comment

Sikhism FTW.

Comment

...these type of people...
                          Just so you know, it's very hard for this phrase not to sound incredibly racist/prejudiced.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The world is full of brutality and savage atrocities. How does the world put a stop to these things?
                            "'Let there be light!' said God, and there was light.
                            'Let there be blood!' says man, and there's a sea!"

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: And The World Remained Silent

Source?

Not possible. Troll away aneeshm!
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X