X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wezil

The little wee kids?

They do that in most communities.
    mhmmm. i used to get service hours teaching them how to skate.

Comment

What crime was that for?

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

It wasn't me.

Talk about a drive-thru.

Lambton OPP are investigating after a pickup truck rammed through the wall of a Tim Hortons in Corunna twice today, sending customers running out the back door — a crash that could have been “much worse,” the restaurant’s manager said.

The chaos and crashing happened around 6:20 a.m., when the driver of the truck — a Tim Hortons regular — began pulling into a parking spot against the wall.

Instead, the 2000 Ford F150 smashed into a 2007 Mazda, pushing it over a curb, then raced onward into the wall of the restaurant.

The driver then reversed the pickup, which backed across the lot into a 2007 Toyota.

Then the man changed gears again, racing forward until it smashed again through the Tim Hortons.

“It felt like we were in a movie,” said manager Sue Adairs, who was serving customers at the counter when she saw the nose of the pickup burst through the wall.

“I saw the truck come right through the store and we ran out through the back door. I took the customers through (the kitchen),” she said.

The truck rammed into tables located against the wall but no one was sitting there, she said.

“It could have been so much worse,” said Adairs, noting there were people inside, not far from where the front of the truck smashed through.

The restaurant wasn’t busy at the time, but in another hour could have been full of people, she said.

This morning, police said a mechanical malfunction caused the 2000 Ford F150 to accelerate out of the driver’s control.

But later in the day, Lambton OPP Const. John Reurink said police would be investigating to see whether there were other factors involved or charges would be laid.

“Just the manner of driving: forward, reverse, forward again. It’s not normal,” he said. “It was premature of us to determine it was a throttle sticking.”

He said investigators will probe further to find out if the crash was caused intentionally or if medical factors played a part.

“Or whether (the driver) ultimately overeacted over the collision,” he said.

When a gas pedal sticks, or a vehicle accelerates on its own, the driver should shut off the vehicle or throw it into neutral, Reurink said.

“We could have had serious injuries or even a death,” Reurink said.

The 49-year-old driver of the truck was “shaken” but otherwise OK, he said.

The drive-thru remained open “and busy," Adairs said. The restaurant part was closed while builders worked on the hole in the wall.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

The problem with Tim Horton's drive-thrus (throughs?), other than the sheer volume of vehicles that go through them, are the dumbasses who order anything more complex than a coffee and donut. They should ban people from using the drive-thru from ordering bagels and sandwiches at Tim Horton's.

That being said, I hardly ever use drive-thrus. Not for BS environmental reasons, I just don't like 'em. I find it funny when I go into a Tim Horton's where there are a dozen or more cars waiting for the drive-thru, and I just walk in and walk out in a less than a minute because there's little-to-no line inside.

Another thing that should be banned is people who call Tim Horton's "Timmies".
          Last edited by Xorbon; December 22, 2007, 03:27.
          "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

doesn't say much for the intelligence of Canadians.

I often get out and go inside. it's good to stretch my legs every once in a while. And I also feel there is less chance of screwing up the order if I'm there. And I also have a view of the back, and can tell if they spit in my drink/food.

Comment

Originally posted by Xorbon
              The problem with Tim Horton's drive-thrus (throughs?), other than the sheer volume of vehicles that go through them, are the dumbasses who order anything more complex than a coffee and donut. They should ban people from using the drive-thru from ordering bagels and sandwiches at Tim Horton's.
              I agree. The absolute worst is "upselling" when there is already a freaking line out to the road.

That being said, I hardly ever use drive-thrus. Not for BS environmental reasons, I just don't like 'em. I find it funny when I go into a Tim Horton's where there are a dozen or more cars waiting for the drive-thru, and I just walk in and walk out in a less than a minute because there's little-to-no line inside.

I will go whatever way appears shorter. Of course when the inside lineup backs up out the door the drive thru may be quicker.

Another thing that should be banned is people who call Tim Horton's "Timmies".
              If Mr. Horton still ran the place I would call it Tim Horton's. Now that it is a faceless corp I feel free to amend. Timmies is my polite reference for the place.

Dis - Please tell me you aren't arguing Americans are less lazy. I think your nation would win a fat contest hands down.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                If Mr. Horton still ran the place I would call it Tim Horton's. Now that it is a faceless corp I feel free to amend. Timmies is my polite reference for the place.
                I have a sister who calls it Timmies. She also calls appetizers "appies". And I've never heard her referring to it before, but if she did, I think she would call McDonald's "Mickey D's". Uggh...cutesy-wutesy... :vomits:
                "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

McDonalds is "Rotten Ronnie's".

Comment

and Burger King is teh BK Lounge.

Comment

"Rotten Ronnie's"
                      I know some people who would agree with that nickname. (They had a bad experience in a Michigan McDonald's.)

Haven't heard of the BK Lounge. I wouldn't be surprised if Burger King steals that idea in order to make themselves sound more 'upscale'. Good Dane Cook routine.

Another name that annoys me is "KFC" (though it's not 'cutesy-wutesy'). Except that it's an official name as opposed to a nickname. It's as if Kentucky Fried Chicken wants to make people forget that they're eating fatty, fried food when they go there.

Comment

I got food poisoning from a Mickey D's breakfast burrito before. Haven't ate there much since then. Doesn't help the quality sucks, and it's a kids place.

Comment

Originally posted by Xorbon
                          It's as if Kentucky Fried Chicken wants to make people forget that they're eating fatty, fried food when they go there.
                          oh well aren't you teh clever

Comment

Working...
                          X