Is it time to ban drive-thrus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lord of the mark

The energy crisis of the '70s largely was solved by nickle and dime crap, people buying more energy efficient hot water heaters, steady improvements in vehicle MPG, improved home insulation, energy efficiencies at factories, etc, etc.

But that was done in response to price signals. Which have the advantage of incentivizing both big stuff, and nickle and dime crap.
    Not really. The energy crisis of the 70s were solved when the oil started flowing again. Nothing on the demand side worked.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
      Tim Hortons' stock has been on fire recently. I'm glad I got in right after teh IPO last year
      A very wise investment. I've never seen a Timmies that wasn't busy. I suspect they are reaching saturation in Canada so I'd watch for signs of their US progress.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Tim Hortons' stock has been on fire recently. I'm glad I got in right after teh IPO last year
        i'm not allowed to buy stock

Comment

This poll is invalid. The 48" pizza is the new banana.
          Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by b etor

The Hoover influence lives on?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

we have 3 timmies in erie, possibly four.

EDIT: ok, we have 5. i looked it up.
              ZOMFG teh Canadian aggressors are trying to assimilate Erie PA!!!
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

we even have a hockey team called 'tim bits'.
                they're so adorable!!!!

Comment

why not?

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

my dad won't do it.

Comment

It's like a conflict of interest for teh FBI to be buying stock
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

A very wise investment. I've never seen a Timmies that wasn't busy. I suspect they are reaching saturation in Canada so I'd watch for signs of their US progress.
                        Their US progress has been rather patchy - they had to write off millions from the disastrous Bess Eaton acquisition, and their expansion into Ohio and New England was overambitious. I think that brought them down to earth, and now they're being cautious, which makes me happy as an investor
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Their US progress has been rather patchy - they had to write off millions from the disastrous Bess Eaton acquisition, and their expansion into Ohio and New England was overambitious. I think that brought them down to earth, and now they're being cautious, which makes me happy as an investor
                          There have been other very successful companies in Canada that failed miserably when expanding to the US.

Tims has about 1 store per 10,000 population in Canada now and are by far the largest coffee outlet. They have been accused in the past of "putting something in the coffee" b/c there is just no way coffee alone can be that good and that addictive. I don't particularly like the company but I'm hooked on their product.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

we even have a hockey team called 'tim bits'.
                            they're so adorable!!!!
                            The little wee kids?

They do that in most communities.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

There have been other very successful companies in Canada that failed miserably when expanding to the US.

Tims has about 1 store per 10,000 population in Canada now and are by far the largest coffee outlet. They have been accused in the past of "putting something in the coffee" b/c there is just no way coffee alone can be that good and that addictive. I don't particularly like the company but I'm hooked on their product.
                              I consulted for one of their US competitors, and helped come up with their successful counter-attack strategy

Comment

hockey is forbbiden around here
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X