When did you stop drinking a lot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did you stop drinking a lot?

I'm turning 24 in 5 days and I drink more than I ever had. I usually have 2+ drinks every day but I am thinking that is excessive at this point. Is this something you grow out of?
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

If I'm drinking, then I usually have a good 10 units+ on the night, but I rarely drink more than 3 times a week.
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Hangovers get REAL old by your late twenties.
      Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

What's a hangover?
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

That's alot.

I stopped drinking mass quantities in my mid 20s with the peak coming early at 17 and 18 when I was in the army and had access to German beer. I stopped drinking alot on a regular basis after being diagnosed with diabetes. I stopped drinking alot ever at all never again last night.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
            Hangovers get REAL old by your late twenties.
            see, the problem is I don't ever drink enough to get a hang over. Like i said, I drink about 2-5 drinks every day because i don't want a hangover. but is this just a phase or do i have a bonafide problem
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I cut way back after my 21st birthday

Comment

Krill: Meet Liver Cancer. Liver Cancer, meet Krill.

I don't drink and never have, but from what I've seen usually you stop drinking when:
                a) You mature and realize life isn't about extremely short term gains
                b) You get married and have children
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144

see, the problem is I don't ever drink enough to get a hang over. Like i said, I drink about 2-5 drinks every day because i don't want a hangover. but is this just a phase or do i have a bonafide problem
                  You might not have a problem yet, but giving your system alchol on a daily basis is likely to become addictive, and not just habit. Test your will and find out if you are hooked yet, stop drinking 4 days in a row every week, drink your normal amount the other three days and see how tough it is. Set this regimen as a max for the rest of your life. If you get a strong feeling that you just don't want or feel like cutting back, that's a bad sign.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144

To this specifically, many people drink two or three drinks a day. Whether it is a problem or not largely is a function of why you drink and how it affects you and the people around you... Many people drink 2-3 beers a day with no adverse effects, but many have adverse effects, so ...
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

i think im getting hooked again
                      Order of the Fly
                      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

To this specifically, many people drink two or three drinks a day. Whether it is a problem or not largely is a function of why you drink and how it affects you and the people around you... Many people drink 2-3 beers a day with no adverse effects, but many have adverse effects, so ...
                        I agree, but MRT said he's drink between 3 and 5 a day, not 1-3. Big difference when you're talking about addiction imo.

Comment

I'm a freshman in college and I'm not ready to give it up yet.
                          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I stopped drinking when I was 6.

Comment

2+?

it all depends on the +. 3 is okay, maybe 4. More than 5 is a bit high. yeah 5 doesn't seem like much, but it means you have a lot of tolerance, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X