Brutalism brutalizes downtown DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ninot
    I don't see how Brutalism should be any special type of architecture.
    "Brutalism" is a tag they attach to crap concrete buildings devoid of humanity so they can pretend its crap appearance isn't really as ****ty as it is. It's just ulta cheap concrete construction utterly devoid of warm, humanity, style, or grace. Flush it already.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

You know that is not scientology, right?
      Yep.
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo
        Brutalism is fine for parking ramps.
        And tank traps.

Comment

Oh cmon, the front side of church looks nifty, I like the way the bands of glass and concrete really contrast with each other.

I bet a pic from a different angle looks worse though.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

reminds me of FBI headquarters... which I think is ugly too

Monkey!!!

Comment

They should convert it to a missile silo. Then it could play it's part in the second coming.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                  reminds me of FBI headquarters... which I think is ugly too
                  There is tons of ugly, uninviting internationalist architecture in Washington. L'Enfant Plaza is filled with the stuff.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                  X