No announcement yet.

Show me your food!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, more like some ultra fattening specialty.

Something you only hear about in the Simpsons.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
      Pan fried cheese? Is this some kind of Swedish speciality?
      I think it's a czech speciality. I ate first at a east-european restaurant some years back. The original recipe calls for fried diced potatoes, tartar sauce, grated beetroot and some kind of czech saurkraut with caraway seeds.

Here's a recipe for a more elaborate one from the well renowned Food & Wine Magazine:

Pan-Fried Cheese with Salsa Verde

TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
      SERVES: 4
      ingredients

* 2 cups basil leaves
      * 2 tablespoons packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
      * 1 tablespoon packed mint leaves
      * 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed
      * 2 tablespoons freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
      * 1 tablespoon drained capers
      * 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
      * Salt and freshly ground pepper
      * 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
      * Four 1/3-inch-thick slices of scamorza (1 1/2 to 2 ounces each)
      * 4 thick slices of peasant bread, toasted

directions

1. In a food processor, combine the basil, parsley and mint with the anchovies, Pecorino and capers and pulse until finely chopped. With the machine on, add 1/2 cup of the olive oil in a steady stream and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
      2. Spread the flour in a pie plate. Add the cheese slices and dredge lightly in the flour, tapping off the excess. In a medium nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the cheese and fry over moderate heat, turning once, until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer the cheese to 4 plates, drizzle with the salsa verde and serve with the toasted bread.
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
        No, more like some ultra fattening specialty.

Something you only hear about in the Simpsons.

Spec.
        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
          You'll eat your potential granma?
          The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Today: Couscous-pumpkin soufflé

Ingredients:
            600g Pumpkin
            250g Couscous
            250g hacked meat
            3 onions
            250g Yoghurt
            50g Parmesan/Grana
            2teasp. Kurkuma
            1/2 teasp. Cumin
            1/2 teasp. nutmeg
            Salt, pepper and sweet pepper powder at will

Preparation:
            Cut pumpkin to small cubes, steam with butter until bland.
            Dash couscous with hot water, let it soak
            Heat olive oil in a pot, add hacked onions, then add hacked meat, salt, pepper and a bit cumin until well done.
            Mix couscous, pumkin, and the other spices (again salt, pepper, and a pinch of cumin). Mix very well!
            Pre-heat the oven at 180-200°C.
            Grease the casserole dish. Make layers, like: Mix-Yoghurt-Hacked meat-Mix-Yoghurt-Hacked Meat-Mix-Yoghurt. Put the grated parmesan on top, sprinkle with olive oil.
            Make a small hole in the center.
            Put in the oven for ~15 minutes - until you can't resist anymore ;-).

Here are the photos from today's preparation. Pics from the complete meal will be delivered once done. Pic5 is my 2nd born son Jakob, who was a great help ;-)
            Attached Files
            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

You have a good looking son but why is he doing monkey stance? Have you told him he is a monkey? Not a good idea.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

And here is the final product:
                Attached Files
                "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

You cooked your son!?
                  Monster!
                  The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Couscous-pumpkin soufflé is people!!

My son asked recently why people have children. Now I know the answer.
                    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Unspeakable Horror
                      You cooked your son!?
                      Monster!
                      Duh, Take a look at my avatar.

Comment

Ok.

Ummmm, what is it?

Spec.
                        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Spec, IIRC is Cronos.
                          The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Yup, and that's a rather well-known painting of the act.

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 31, 2010, 14:12.
                                Order of the Fly
                                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                                X