Apolyton Hall of Fame: December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krill
    What do I have to do to get more votes? (apart from be a productive member of society?)
    Well....
    [No, damn it! I will not go there!]

Comment

Neither will he

Molly
      Korn
      Arrian
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Blake (duh)

Sn00py (whose graphics stuff is how i found this place years ago)

5 points each

yes, i know i have 3 votes to use. but i have this feeling my third would be considered frivolous and might get the the other two thrown out.

to satisfy the curious: it would be for MrsTroll, for keeping Grandpa Troll straight. that's quite a contribution to the community!

Comment

Lord Shiva
          joncha
          Mercator
          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
          Middle East!

Comment

Heresson sighting
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

(whose graphics stuff is how i found this place years ago)
              were sn00p's graphics here in 1999?

Comment

Probably thereabouts... didn't he do some stuff for Civ2 as well as the famous civ3 pack?
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

i really do think so. wasn't he the one with the flags for resources? i know there was one like that for the version of civ that had the cute super-straight railroads with actual trains that would run on 'em, with infinite movement? in the normal game, not a mod i mean. i loved those straight tracks but nobody else did. and then later the devs wised up and put the flags in the real game.

that was civ2 wasn't it? maybe those flags weren't his, it's been a while, i could be confused. i often are. but i downloaded a lot of stuff from him so the vote is for him even if the logic is warped

Comment

Originally posted by KMadeleine
                    i really do think so. wasn't he the one with the flags for resources? i know there was one like that for the version of civ that had the cute super-straight railroads with actual trains that would run on 'em, with infinite movement? in the normal game, not a mod i mean. i loved those straight tracks but nobody else did. and then later the devs wised up and put the flags in the real game.

that was civ2 wasn't it? maybe those flags weren't his, it's been a while, i could be confused. i often are. but i downloaded a lot of stuff from him so the vote is for him even if the logic is warped
                    Civ:Test of Time had actual trains - Im confused by the stuff about straight tracks (probably cause TOT is the only version of Civ Ive played - Ive played scens that used pre-TOT graphics, and dont remember the RRs being crooked, but its been a long time)
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• no, i just mean in civ3 they got swirlie instead of straight and that did not please me. i did some googling to check and yes, 2 had the straight ones i liked but 3 went loopy. but most folks liked the loopy.

Comment

• i hated the loopy

Comment

• down with loopy! yay for snoopy! both of 'em

Comment

• This was tough to decide upon....

PLATO, conmcb25, Nugog

PLATO - for reaching out.

conmcb25 - although he is lazy and he sucks.

Sigh ... he is my brother and I have to vote for him. We are twins, but at birth the doctor accidentally dropped him on his head, and that explains a lot.

But he has been a regular and reliable team-mate, and a good friend, and always willing to slap me up the side of the head when I need it.

Nugog - for his work on the tourney - and for all the games we currently have together. Although his Christmas avatar almost scared me off.

There were several others, including RobW, and snoopdog, and provi that I wanted to vote for - but alas, the rules only give us 3 votes. Next time.
                            Last edited by Beta; December 13, 2007, 19:05.
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Any updates yet?
                              The Sherrin Foundation
                              Captain of the Concordian Armed Forces, Inspectorate of the MoD Term VI

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta
                                Nugog - Although his Christmas avatar almost scared me off.
                                I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Working...
                                X