X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lancer
    India is a non player.
    Certain Indian posters might disagree.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• Originally posted by Heraclitus

Why, you just load the Indians/Africans up on boats, and give them military protection if any dirty Chinese try to conquer the rapidly multiplying population?

Plus you can reduce the territory that you would need to colonize and protect, simply by giving Alaska to Russia, and by returning vast chunks of land to Mexico. You could get on their good side with this as well.
      Boats? Europe doesn't have any boats! They contract out all their shipping to cheap asian carriers, the same asian carriers that will be carrying asians to the New World!
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Cheap oil? Where from?
        1. The US is gone.
        2. Vast new sources of the stuff have just appeared.
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• I missed the part where vast new sources appeared. Was that in convenient spots near EU gas stations?

Comment

Boats? Europe doesn't have any boats! They contract out all their shipping to cheap asian carriers, the same asian carriers that will be carrying asians to the New World!
            You know we Europeans, have been mighty ingenious, in the past, at getting lots of Africans into boats.

You're statement is silly. Even if China nationalizes the all commercial boats in its waters, the EU would do the same. Plus the navy of all the EU states is much larger than the Chinese navy and maybe even some of the remnant US navy would “secure” the eastern US coast.

Comment

I missed the part where vast new sources appeared. Was that in convenient spots near EU gas stations?
              If the biggest consumer disappears, and new natural source of it appears, don't you think the market would get a hint and maybe consider the stuff les valuable?

Comment

• Well, maybe the amount of oil found in a pristine USA, might not be vast but it would certainly be non-negligible.

Comment

• You're going to secure the East Coast, fill it with Indians and Africans and expect them to do the EU's bidding by opposing the Chinese, and I'm silly. Well I can be, but you're being absurd.

The european time has come and gone. Those that knew european dominance are aging in old folks homes. Their kids forgot to have kids. Even in EU countries themselves foriegners that are being brought in to do the work will slowly inherit the land. Their decendants in the US aren't far behind. Birth control killed the West. No big loss since our peoples spent their glory days killing each other off at great rates. Maybe the orientals can do better.

Nah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vesayen

Beat me to it.

Hezbollah attacking "en mass" would be slaughtered. If they were stupid enough to mass together and attack Israel, it would just make them a convenient target. Israel has heavy hardware, Hezbollah does not.
                    Yup, "en masse" was the wrong term. I didn't mean they should lump together and execute a frontal attack. I meant they should do what they did last summer from Lebanon, but with greater intensity. And I don't think Israel has a limitless supply of tanks and bullets. It can't afford a long-term conflict.
                    Graffiti in a public toilet
                    Do not require skill or wit
                    Among the **** we all are poets
                    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

You're going to secure the East Coast, fill it with Indians and Africans and expect them to do the EU's bidding by opposing the Chinese, and I'm silly. Well I can be, but you're being absurd.

The european time has come and gone. Those that knew european dominance are aging in old folks homes. Their kids forgot to have kids. Even in EU countries themselves foriegners that are being brought in to do the work will slowly inherit the land. Their decendants in the US aren't far behind. Birth control killed the West. No big loss since our peoples spent their glory days killing each other off at great rates. Maybe the orientals can do better.
                      I never said there would be a European dominated world. I just don't think the Chinese would manage to overrun everything if America disappeared. Besides China if it does manage to get rich will have demographic problems of their own.

Anyhow it makes me wonder, will other societies in the future once they get rich and figure out birth-control suffer similar issues? And is the demographic crunch just a phase? Since some studies indicate, that after a certain point, more GDP translates into more children. Unfortunately that "certain point" is quite high and the slow growth of Europe’s economy won't get us there fast enough.

Anyhow its ironic that we face our demise now that we have finally become peaceful, environmentally concius and strong supporters of human rights. Well, most of us at any rate.

Comment

• Bah! Don't sweat the small stuff. Total genetic termination, with it's loss of history and culture is just a phase.

I doubt this will happen to other cultures. Women's lib will never take hold in China, not really and that's half the cause of the demise of western population. As far as birth control goes, the orientals could stop having but one kid per family tomorrow and the population would still rise for decades. There's kids everywhere here in the Philippines for instance. It reminds me of when I was a kid, there were kids everywhere when I grew up. The Sullivans up the street had 12 kids, but they were Irish. Don't see kids playing in the streets in the US anymore. Here in the Phils they're everywhere and they will inherit everything.

Interesting story in the Manila Times the other day about how New Zealand was looking to bring in thousands of Filipinos to tend to their elderly. See the population is aging and they need health care workers. Also workers for the farms and industry as well and unskilled workers for menial jobs. There just aren't enough young people in New Zealand to get the work done. So, New Zealand will be asain in a hundred years because I can assure you, those Filipinos will have kids.

Mostly good people in the Philippines, I hope they do inherit New Zealand. Filipinos are like Hobbits.

Comment

• I'm worried about the orcs.

Comment

• Planet Earth without the USA

Sounds like a great idea, where do I sign up?
                            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Re: Planet Earth without the USA

Originally posted by MOBIUS
                              Sounds like a great idea, where do I sign up?
                              Middle Eastern Mujahideen recruitment center?

Comment

Working...
                              X