Forum Court of Justice (FCJ)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Court of Justice (FCJ)

I suggest that an independent Forum Court of Justice should be established. It would take on cases and allegations of spamming, flaming and other offensive language.

What we therefore need is

A) a judge that I think should represent the admins

B) a general prosecutor

C) a jury that would be all members of the forums. Verdicts would be given in open polling where noobs are not allowed to participate (to prevent fake account registration)

D) Attorneys would be optional

All FCJ cases would be made into separate threads and the Jury votes would be something like 5 days after the case is opened. These FCJ-Threads would be used to consider the evidence and to hear wittnesses and the one being procecuted.
    yes
    66.67%
    no
    0.00%
    wtf?
    33.33%
    banana
    0.00%

Re: Forum Court of Justice (FCJ)

Originally posted by One of the many
    C) a jury that would be all members of the forums. Verdicts would be given in open polling where noobs are not allowed to participate (to prevent fake account registration)
    If this doesn't give us ideas...

Comment

But you like the idea otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by One of the many
        But you like the idea otherwise?
        A Court of Justice already exists. It's called "staff of moderators", who are trusted with their office by the owners, who rule as dictators (since this site is theirs). Apolyton is not a democracy (which you probably know) and does not need an independent legislature and judiciary - the executive authority decides all.

Generally spoken, from other sites (like Eventis - WTF is that?) we can clearly see, that such made up court cases lead just to an increased amount of spammage.

Comment

I like the idea, I demand democracy on apolyton!

If that doesn’t work could you at least rename the "staff of moderators" into the Supreme Soviet or the communist party of apolyton? If we are going to be repressed, It may as well come from a more cool sounding government (one that owns the means of posting).

BTW
          Isn't this on the wrong part of the forum?

PS
          WTF is Eventis? :
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Nice summary Sir Ralph, it saves me some typing.

And after reading the proposal (especially "C") I do find it humorous that it's being proposed by a noob, which I probably should do a DL check on.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hey, he is a DL with a just cause! I mean even his forum name hints so "one of many". He is the alias of a disgruntled revolutionary; he is the voice of the huddled masses! His banning will only expose the violence inherent in the system. Revolution now! :happymarxist:
                Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

I'm Spartacus!
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

No, I am Spartacus!

Comment

They're both Spartaci!
                      "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

"Apolyton is not a democracy"

Free Stewart Spink and...and...the Other Guy!!

We will never forget!!!
                        "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                        "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
                          "Apolyton is not a democracy"
                          Soooooo TRUE!

Free Stewart Spink and...and...the Other Guy!!
                          And just how much more free can Stewie get
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Amnesty for the poor souls rotting in the gulags of poly!

PS Notice how the poll was locked and edited? I swear I saw at least two yes votes! All come see the violence inherent in the system!

Comment

I like the edited poll results.

Comment

Working...
                              X