Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pekka
    No. Armies win and lose. I never lose.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I inquired on the 16th of November and was told that they had to weigh their options and decide what exactly they needed. They interviewed someone that day, and someone last week, but haven't seen or heard of any more interviews. Also, two more engineers have resigned since the 16th. I am going inquire again on friday, which will be 3 weeks from the last inquiry. They have told some of my coworkers who interviewed no already.
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Wezil, you might think that is an arrogant or wrong way to think. I think I never lose when it counts. The only losses that I have to go through are the death, misery and bad luck of the people that are close to me. Aside that? I never lose.

You see, in a Buddhist way, everything is connected. Even in today's highly specialized and zoomed division of labour, the highly rational function of societies, you know we're all connected. With this globalization, our economies will be more connected, the internet connects us all in some micro level (at this point poor peoplep and countries are not included, in the future they will be)... our science and therefore knowledge is connected, everything is connected. I depend on people in China, Singapore, US, all around the world so I can have the things that I use to do my things, and my things are used by others. We are not living in a vacuum. We are all connected in many levels. We are even connected in spiritual level, we're connected in terms of being humans in this universe, and we are connected because we share the same future as a mankind, thus the worry about environment and so forth. Disputes between nations affects us all in some ways. Giving help to some poor country benefits us all in some ways. We're just connected, let's face it.

So in that connection, I always win. Because even if in traditional terms and your inferior perception I would lose in a given situation, I still end up winning at the end. IT's only temporary, a situation percieved in certain time and space. But even when I "lose", I'm actually investing. Do the cost-benefit analysis and you'll see I always end up on top. I'm like a cat, I end up on my feet, better off, feeling better, with more knowledge-... and if nothing else, then with one more experience richer. You do the math. This is not arrogance. This is being positive and even a realist.

I always end up winning. That, plus I always win in the more traditional perception of what not losing means. So there. I can't be beaten. I'm so strong, that even I can't beat myself. You know when people say they're their own worst enemies? Well I'm too strong for that!
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
          Wezil, you might think that is an arrogant or wrong way to think. I think I never lose when it counts. The only losses that I have to go through are the death, misery and bad luck of the people that are close to me. Aside that? I never lose.
          I always end up winning. That, plus I always win in the more traditional perception of what not losing means. So there. I can't be beaten. I'm so strong, that even I can't beat myself. You know when people say they're their own worst enemies? Well I'm too strong for that!
          I was not passing any sort of judgment. I just found it funny as all hell.

Supercitizen FTW.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Pekka's record suggests he doesn't win particulary often either.
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
            X