Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I have this jar of Branston Pickle...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I have this jar of Branston Pickle...

What do I do with it?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

I had to look up what it was.

Try it, I guess. It looks like they're putting it on bread?
    B♭3

Comment

My Father loves the stuff. (I personally am not very fond of it.) You spread it on bread. You can either it eat it by itself or with other things -- some people use it in sandwiches.
      The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

It looks a little less odd than the marmite/vegemite stuff, made from yeast extract.

And it appears to be a garnish of sorts in what is termed ploughman's lunch.
        B♭3

Comment

Make a cheese and pickle sandwich.
          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
            QFMFT

Comment

or a ploughman's lunch

Comment

I but some small chunk branston pickle just yesterday for this very reason
                Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                  It looks a little less odd than the marmite/vegemite stuff, made from yeast extract.

And it appears to be a garnish of sorts in what is termed ploughman's lunch.
                  I have a jar of marmite too. I learned to use it in small quantities though as I once spread it on like it was jam and nearly gagged.

Comment

Branston Pickle

Put it on some toast. Getting some cheese involved is probably a good idea too, yeah...

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Will regular cheddar work or is it best with some other type of cheese or perhaps farmhouse/artisan cheddar?

Comment

Regular chedder is just the ticket.

Having it underneath the cheese in cheese and pickle on toast is quite divine for a winter snack.

Comment

My general rule for cheddar is that the more mature, the better. I'm not a fan of cheese that tastes and feels like plastic.
                          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I made a sandwich out of toasted wheat bread, a thick slice of cheddar, and a generous portion of Branston Pickle.

Tastes pretty good.

Comment

Try toasting the cheese too next time.

@SC - yeah, I prefer a strongish cheddar.

Comment

Working...
                              X