Should the west attack Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the west attack Iran?

The Iranians just told the EU that they will go forward with their nuke plans. They said the embargos don't effect them and they don't care what the US says.

So, should we attack, or let them have nukes?

I'll get that link in a minute.
    Attack and occupy Iran
    10.42%
    Bomb them into the dark ages (Not all that far in their case)
    20.83%
    More embargos
    16.67%
    Forget it, let them develope nukes
    39.58%
    Banana
    12.50%
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Just nuke them, then sell what is left of the land to the highest bidder on ebay
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I see only two options:

We attack them together. Really strong attack, none of this previous crap.

OR we let Israel attack first and then follow up and be unprepared.

I don't think we can afford to use stall tactics, where we know Israel has to strike at some point, so then it's their problem. No no, this is the time to share resources and risks.

But I'd still wait until the last minute. So far they're not convincing me at all. THis dude has been talking loud ever since he got to his position. So who knows, he's just a loud mouth.

If we had guarantees that Israel will not attack at any point unless directly threatened, I'd be inclined to ride it out and see what happens, that is no attack. But I'm failry sure Israel can not wait too long so ... if it comes to that, I think we should all go.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Sure, but I'd like for those, that most strongly support attacking, actually do part of the actuall footwork... It's easy to put things straigth in a pub, or a web forum. "We" should do this, and that... Well, you first. There's an enlistment office around the corner.
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

No there isn't.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

But there's a hippie commune closer, maybe you can go there and cry with them. You don't have to use any oil at all, just wamr each others bodies with the nature, eat veggies and drink heated water. Unless you do that, you can't talk about anything.
            In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
              Sure, but I'd like for those, that most strongly support attacking, actually do part of the actuall footwork... It's easy to put things straigth in a pub, or a web forum. "We" should do this, and that... Well, you first. There's an enlistment office around the corner.
              Been there done that, and they won't let me back in, I'm too old. I tried after 9/11.

Comment

let me build my colony on the moon, then you can start your silly war games
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

We could attack Turkey too...

Comment

Anyway it wasn't a US effort. This time they told the EU to get stuffed. Besides, the US isn't within range of Iranian scuds, the EU is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                      We could attack Turkey too...
                      forget it, we're business partners now

plus, they are already under attack by the Kurds and soon by the United Atheist League

Richard Dawkins' best-selling atheist manifesto The God Delusion was at the centre of a growing row over religious tolerance yesterday after the Turkish publishers of his book were threatened with legal action by prosecutors who accuse it of 'insulting believers'.
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Richard Dawkins' best-selling atheist manifesto The God Delusion was at the centre of a growing row over religious tolerance yesterday after the Turkish publishers of his book were threatened with legal action by prosecutors who accuse it of 'insulting believers'.

Let me guess. Muslims are upset? What a shocker.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

There's an enlistment office around the corner.
                          Since this is an air/naval war, if you enlisted today you wouldn't be in a position to participate unless we wait four years to attack (and that might be what circumstances dictate).

Well, I guess you could be swabbing the deck of a cruiser that shoots some tomahawks in
                          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Nah, the occupation will drag on indefinitely. Lots of time.
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Nah, the occupation will drag on indefinitely. Lots of time
                              Hence...

Since this is an air/naval war
                              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X