Chad declares war on France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zkribbler

If "fighting shape" means having left all your rifles, equipment and supplies behind, then yes.
    Naw, just artillery and vehicles.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Oh this reminds me of the pictures.. you know what I'm talking about... some African country, maybe two years ago, these funny pictures came out showing the rebels. They had all kinds of funny gear and posing and stuff. It was hilarious I mean in a sad way of course, they have absolutely no chances of making it out, but in a way it was funny.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Except for that part where our impending arrival caused the Germans to launch their final futile attack and that part where we blunted it. We suffered 60,000 casualities in just a couple of months. Not quite as irrelevant as you make it out to be.
        Loathe as I am to give credit to the French, the German Michael Offensive was largely blunted by the BEF and French Army, with relatively small numbers of American forces involved. Also, 60,000 casualties in "a couple of months" wasn't all that great during WW1, seeing as how, for example, the Brits lost 50,000 on the first day of the First Battle of the Somme. And most of those casualties were incurred during counterattacks, anyway, such as Belleau Wood (probably one of the most famous American engagements of the war, involving the 3rd "Rock of the Marne" Division and a Marine brigade, primarily).

But we digress
        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Addled Platypus
          does this mean the USA has to help France again?
          Maybe you'll do such a great job at replacing them as in Indochina.

The French bashing is more than old and pretty primitive.
          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

WTF is Canada?
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
              Oh this reminds me of the pictures.. you know what I'm talking about... some African country, maybe two years ago, these funny pictures came out showing the rebels. They had all kinds of funny gear and posing and stuff.
              I remember that . I think Lonestar reposted it here.

Comment

Regarding the formerly French Africa: it's become such a playground for the French (and now also the EU it seems) that it's becoming embarrassing. It's like colonialism v 2.0

Comment

I thought it's EU III....
                  Blah

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                    Regarding the formerly French Africa: it's become such a playground for the French (and now also the EU it seems) that it's becoming embarrassing. It's like colonialism v 2.0
                    Colonialism 2.0 just doesn't match up to the original in quality and story telling. Colonialism 1.0 had an excellent story arch and interesting characters like Leopold II, Lothar von Trotha, and Shaka Zulu. Compare that with 2.0. I mean what were they thinking when they added Mugabe?

Also, why aren't the Rhodesians a playable faction anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ
                      well..? has France surrendered yet?
                      Well, lets say they just turned their first corner...
                      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Is France still a country or have they been overtaken by a hanging Chad Council
                        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                        X