Chad declares war on France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad declares war on France

N'DJAMENA, Nov 30 (Reuters) - Chadian anti-government rebels on Friday declared a "state of war" against French military forces in Chad and against any other foreign soldiers who might intervene in the landlocked African state.

The rebel Union of Forces for Democracy and Development (UFDD) made the statement as a largely French European Union peacekeeping force was preparing to deploy in eastern Chad in coming weeks to protect civilian refugees and aid workers.

Maybe they are hoping that declaring a state of war will be sufficient to make France surrender?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Heh, I don't think so. The French troops in Chad include with 99.9% certainty FFL, if not purely them. And no, they won't surrender. The question is how much they want to kick ass.

In other words, the rebels just made a huge mistake.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I'm so glad that my neutral country will deploy soldiers to help the French and Chadian govt. in their neutral fight.
      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Another (soon to be) loss for the French

Maybe they can declare war on Wayne's World next?
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Boo on french-bashing.

I love it, how the brits, who turned tail and ran away when going got tough, managed to call the Dunkerque evacuation a "miracle", while the french, who stayed behind and fought on against an enemy nobody could have beaten at the time, get called cowards.

(My standard reply to any quip about french surrendering. I feel... Obligated.)
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
            Boo on french-bashing.
            Yeah!

And if we remember back to WWI, how long did the French hold off the Busch before we Yanks finally decided to show up?

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
              Boo on french-bashing.

I love it, how the brits, who turned tail and ran away when going got tough, managed to call the Dunkerque evacuation a "miracle", while the french, who stayed behind and fought on against an enemy nobody could have beaten at the time, get called cowards.

(My standard reply to any quip about french surrendering. I feel... Obligated.)
              You say the British army survived in fighting shape while the French army surrendered just days later?
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

You say the British army survived in fighting shape ...?
                If "fighting shape" means having left all your rifles, equipment and supplies behind, then yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Yeah!

And if we remember back to WWI, how long did the French hold off the Busch before we Yanks finally decided to show up?
                  Long enough for the your involvement to be largely irrelevant.
                  "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                  "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                  "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Except for that part where our impending arrival caused the Germans to launch their final futile attack and that part where we blunted it. We suffered 60,000 casualities in just a couple of months. Not quite as irrelevant as you make it out to be.

Comment

Canadian history is different from the rest of the world.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                        Canadian history is different from the rest of the world.
                        Isn't the history of any country different from the others?
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Bah, this doesn't count. The force is not with those Rebels.
                          Blah

Comment

does this mean the USA has to help France again?
                            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

well..? has France surrendered yet?
                              Order of the Fly
                              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                              X