• Show
Clear All

nm
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Americans are late again.

Happy Turkey Day.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Oerdin -- you need to get that bird in a cold water bath -- running water is best. If you have a big cooler with a drain spigot on the bottom, put that in your tub and keep the water flowing.

You don't want to defrost at room temp due to bacterial issues.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'm defrosting it in the sink now. Thanks.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

This thread needs more turkey pictures.
            Attached Files
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Best of luck, Oerdin. With the 3 days in the fridge, the cold water bath should finish the job in time (assuming it's not too huge a bird).

And happy Thanksgiving to all!
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                  We don't have that here in Krautland I'm sure it's Bush's fault.

Happy Thanksgiving to you guys anyway
                  No, it's your fault for not being American. If I offend you just be done with me and tell me to be thankfull that you don't punch me in the face. Since it is Thanksgiving I will follow your suggestion.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Turkey Thanksgiving.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                      Turkey Thanksgiving.
                      That's how communists feel about it.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

*sigh* I'm glad there are only a few of these family encounters a year.

I may be the only person who can but chooses not to stuff himself on Thanksgiving. I never have an appetite in larger social gatherings.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

You people just aren't into the spirit of this thing.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Oh man... I am full.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

We're actually having two dinners this year. Thursday's was just our little family (so we had duck instead of turkey), but Saturday's the big feast, with lots of friends (most of whom didn't have Thursday off, which is why we're doing it on the weekend). Man, I'm gonna be fat by Sunday.

Thanksgiving
                              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Happy Turkey Day
                                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Working...
                                X