Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And the Taliban Shall Tremble Before My Mighty Saxophone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gl rufus

Comment

Rufus, you're getting to be a well traveled fellow. Enjoy Dubai.

P42.9, just fyi.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
        P42.9, just fyi.

Good for the Phils, but I'm glad it didn't dip that low while I was working there.
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

No Kabul****. There's job to be done and somebody has to do it.
          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
            Will a posting in Kabul mean you won't have to do a future tour in Iraq?
            Hard to say. On the one hand, going to Kabul means I've already punched the war zone ticket. On the other hand, if I go to Kabul and do a good job (and I will), I become somebody who performs well in a war zone. So it could go either way.

But I certainly won't go straight to Iraq -- Kabul will earn me a first-world assignment, and I'll take it. My tour after Kabul will end in 2010 and the one after in 2013, at the earliest, by which time Iraq will be a post withoutt staffing difficulties -- either because it will be stabilized or because it will be drawn down.
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

Hard to say. On the one hand, going to Kabul means I've already punched the war zone ticket. On the other hand, if I go to Kabul and do a good job (and I will), I become somebody who performs well in a war zone. So it could go either way.

But I certainly won't go straight to Iraq -- Kabul will earn me a first-world assignment, and I'll take it. My tour after Kabul will end in 2010 and the one after in 2013, at the earliest, by which time Iraq will be a post withoutt staffing difficulties -- either because it will be stabilized or because it will be drawn down.
              You'll speak Dari, which is basically Farsi, right? 2013 should be just in time for an assignment to occupied Teheran

Anyway, good luck, stay safe, and I hope you do manage to do some good.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
              X