No announcement yet.

The New "N" Word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the association with lynchings that does it.

I think this whole thing is very silly.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Is there 1 second in the day that Cali doesn't think about black people?
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Yes, but I understand he usually devotes that second to thinking about the dirty Mexicans.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

2 things could have happened here. One, the black kid took it the wrong way. Two, the white students were using the term in a racists way.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Yeah...ummmm....Isn't that the case with everything people say?
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Sure, unless it isn't, of course.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                So if I understand this thread correctly, Asher and Ramo are all about executing people who say "noose?"

And ten bucks I hear about this IN THE SITUATION ROOM this week.
                I think it's clear the article is lacking many pertinent details. And that Cali's discovery of this article was made on some white supremacist site.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                  2 things could have happened here. One, the black kid took it the wrong way. Two, the white students were using the term in a racists way.
                  That's a pretty racist thing to say. But I doubt you meant it that way.

Why are there only 2 things that could have happened?

Why is it that the only nefarious possibility was that the white kids were racist?

What about a 3rd possibility?

That the black kid was the racist and saw an opportunity to do something to a pair of white rivals on the drumline?
                  ..there are known ‘knowns’ There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. ~~Donald Rumsfeld

Comment

I think Kid was making the mundane observation that the word was either used racist, or it wasn't.

In other words, it was a +1.
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      Noose

...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Cali! Where did you find this?
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

So if I understand this thread correctly, Asher and Ramo are all about executing people who say "noose?"

See Asher's post.
                          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                          -Bokonon

Comment

When my 2 year old son says "juice" it sounds like "noose"! Oh, the humanity!
                            ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                            ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

There's no way you'd ever use a noose to tie up drum equipment.

It sounds innoccuous at first glance, but if they are really using the knot conversation as an excuse to look at the black kid and say "does anyone know how to tie a noose" you can see how it could be a form of racist bullying.
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

I really dont get this....

Poeple should get their priorities straight and start buying my screens god damnit!

NOOSE NOOSE NOOSE!! Its a freaking knot! Get over yourselves people.

Spec.
                                -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X